2 people renting a 1 bedroom apartment?

does it cost more for 2 people to rent a 1 bedroom or does it cost the same as if 1 person was renting it?

I would think it would cost the same as 1 person since your not getting any extra space because of it.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Nikki
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In Apartments, it's just a set price, they don't charge per person. For example, you and someone rent a 1 bedroom..rent is $575 per month, if you both split it your half would be roughly $288 a month for rent. Simple as that. Have a good one.

• 1 decade ago

1 person or 2 people is the same unless you are renting a hotel room and the reason they ask 1 or 2 people is depending on how many beds you actually will get 1 bed or 2 beds..

• 1 decade ago

a 1 bedroom should have a set price. It shouldnt matter that there r 2 of you. The law in some states does limit the amount of bedrooms people can have (2 people per bedroom), therefor you couldnt have any more then 2 people there

• 1 decade ago

Typically it is the same price.

However if some places did charge more it is not so much as a space issue but utilities, such as water, hydro etc that will cost the landlord more money because there is 2 people living there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago
  • 1 decade ago

The landlord can charge per person if the rent includes anyting in addition to the apartment. If they pay your water or heating bill they can charge you more for an additional person.

• 1 decade ago

You should be paying the same price, but like in my own case, I have to pay a little more for trash removal and water because there are two of us.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The apartment itself would cost the same , the only thing that may increase would be the utilites , becuase more than one person will be there to use them .

• Rudy J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

can depend, on the landlord....

they may NOT want 2 people in a 1 br apt......

in some cities....landlords have wide ranges of freedom....

depending on who is paying the utilities, etc.......

• Angie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You are correct. You are renting the space, not paying by the person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.