On Jay Leno, he said, "more gay men work their bodies out, then straight men?"?

I think this is false, because gay guys try to dress like girls, and don't carry themselves like an typical guy.

Favorite Answer

Obviously you know VERY few gay men. Certainly there are a few gay men who do drag -- from my experience in the gay world -- probably about one quarter of one percent (and no, I'm not exaggerating) dress up as women -- on the other hand a third to a half of gay men go to the gym, mostly to tone -- most have no interest at all in being muscle bound -- but they want to look good -- there isn't any comparison.

I also know that at the gym where my partner goes, among the males -- out of about 600 members -- there are more gay men than straight ones -- but I don't think that is universally true by any stretch. By percentage however, I think Leno is right -- and being in NYC and in show biz -- he has a very, very large sample to go by.

The trick is, you have a stereotype of what gays are in mind, so you think you know what you look for -- I very much doubt that you realize that most of the gay and bi men you know are gay and bi -- so.... Try going to some good sized gay dance clubs -- watch the boys closely and tell me again that you know what gay men are like or who they are.

Kind thoughts,

Reyn

believeinyou24@yahoo.com

• are you kidding me!. lol, i think it might be equal..but i've been in straight gyms and the majority of people working out, are women! lol. I work in a gay gym. and for you to say you don't think it's true because "gay guys try to dress like girls, and don't carry themselves like a typical guy" is a very ignorant statement. being gay is a very superficial lifestyle i speak from my own experience and because i am my self superficial. if you are not in shape...you might as well be dead to gay society. also i once took my friend to a gay club, (he's straight) and he felt so self conscious because all of them had really nice bodies compared to him.

I would actually agree with it...you'd be surprised how many bodybuilders are gay.

And I completely disagree with your crazy comment. Go to the gym - maybe you'd find out how many gay guys really are there...it's way more than you think.

Do you work out a lot? Are you worried you might be gay? I would look into it, experiment with other men just to be sure...

what planet did you beam in from? there are just as many efeminate straight men as there are butch gay men.

Source(s): If anybody stays in shape gay/straight male/female it helps your chances when you get sick for your body to fight off the illness!

I think its a stereotype. It all depends though.

Pure stereotype!

Some do and some don't.

You don't know very much, do you?

i think its both[[;