On Jay Leno, he said, "more gay men work their bodies out, then straight men?"?

I think this is false, because gay guys try to dress like girls, and don't carry themselves like an typical guy.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Obviously you know VERY few gay men. Certainly there are a few gay men who do drag -- from my experience in the gay world -- probably about one quarter of one percent (and no, I'm not exaggerating) dress up as women -- on the other hand a third to a half of gay men go to the gym, mostly to tone -- most have no interest at all in being muscle bound -- but they want to look good -- there isn't any comparison.

I also know that at the gym where my partner goes, among the males -- out of about 600 members -- there are more gay men than straight ones -- but I don't think that is universally true by any stretch. By percentage however, I think Leno is right -- and being in NYC and in show biz -- he has a very, very large sample to go by.

The trick is, you have a stereotype of what gays are in mind, so you think you know what you look for -- I very much doubt that you realize that most of the gay and bi men you know are gay and bi -- so.... Try going to some good sized gay dance clubs -- watch the boys closely and tell me again that you know what gay men are like or who they are.

Kind thoughts,

Reyn

believeinyou24@yahoo.com

• are you kidding me!. lol, i think it might be equal..but i've been in straight gyms and the majority of people working out, are women! lol. I work in a gay gym. and for you to say you don't think it's true because "gay guys try to dress like girls, and don't carry themselves like a typical guy" is a very ignorant statement. being gay is a very superficial lifestyle i speak from my own experience and because i am my self superficial. if you are not in shape...you might as well be dead to gay society. also i once took my friend to a gay club, (he's straight) and he felt so self conscious because all of them had really nice bodies compared to him.

• 1 decade ago

I would actually agree with it...you'd be surprised how many bodybuilders are gay.

And I completely disagree with your crazy comment. Go to the gym - maybe you'd find out how many gay guys really are there...it's way more than you think.

• 1 decade ago

Do you work out a lot? Are you worried you might be gay? I would look into it, experiment with other men just to be sure...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

what planet did you beam in from? there are just as many efeminate straight men as there are butch gay men.

Source(s): If anybody stays in shape gay/straight male/female it helps your chances when you get sick for your body to fight off the illness!
  • 1 decade ago

I think its a stereotype. It all depends though.

Pure stereotype!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some do and some don't.

• 1 decade ago

You don't know very much, do you?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think its both[[;

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.