Free Paypal account Vs. Paypal Premier : what's the differences?

What's the differences between the basic paypal account and the paypal premier? I recentally sold my first item on ebay. When i went onto my paypal account to accept payment it stated that i had to upgrade the account to premier in order to receive payment from the buyer's credit card through... show more What's the differences between the basic paypal account and the paypal premier? I recentally sold my first item on ebay. When i went onto my paypal account to accept payment it stated that i had to upgrade the account to premier in order to receive payment from the buyer's credit card through paypal.
Had I not upgraded to premier, what form of payments would I have been able to accept without paying for the 2.9% +$0.30 fee ? I know the premier comes with a fee of 2.9% +$0.30 per received payment but what other fees does it come with?
It's my first time selling stuff on ebay, I don't run a business or anything just wanted to get rid of some junk.
I want the easiest and cheapest way for me to accept payments from wining bidders; what's the best option for me and is there any way i can reverse my account back to basic?
Thanks really appreciate any help.