Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Could the fire that broke out in "Sin City's" Monte Carlo Casino be a warning from God?

Where do the forces of nature get their power from?

I posed a similar question regarding the extreme weather continuosly pummeling the West Coast before it became a regularity with an emphasis on San Fran. Do you know the distance between Sodom and Gomorrha? Do you know the distance between San Francisco and Las Vegas?

Everything happens for a reason.

Never, did God say he would not punish cities of wickedness, and whether you like it or not Sodom and Gomorrha were fine examples of this. The people of these cities were much like the people are today in regards to spirituality. Very few truly knew God, so very few acted with God-like character. Just with Sodom and Gomorrha, there were good people living in these cities still, but they took heed to the warnings of the Lord's prophets and fled these cities of iniquity.

If people do not stop filling their minds with falsehoods and candy-coating the truth, they will be oblivious to reality.

• Favorite Answer

No. Its a warning stating that you shouldn't make walls out of styrofoam.

Yes, my friend, everything happens for a reason and somehow GOD gets the credit when things go wrong or in times of trial and need. I lived in "Sin City" Las Vegas for almost 18 years and believe me there are many good Christians and others that live there. To Say that GOD is responsible is not so much true as it would be inaccurate. GOD does not choose to send a fire here or a fire there to say to his people that he is alive and watching us. That we are responsible and he means to punish us.

You remeber that when he sent his only "SON" to die for us that he wouldn't punish whole cities anymore for we are under GOD'S grace now. Whether we choose him or not is entirely up to us. Our punishment or salvation will come on judgement day or upon our worldly death.

I remember that the Monte Carlo is one very beautiful Hotel and unfortunately a casino. It does employee many of fine people and some are Christian. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that he is not the cause but he can surely be the cure in times of trial for the people that endured the fire. In closing he lets things happen for a reason and that reason may be to bring to his children that how fleeting life here is on Earth but everlasting life is obtained through the salvation of his Son Jesus, and only Jesus can give us this precious life..

Dear gravityp,

First fires happen in Vegas all the time- they just aren't as reported on.

The idea of a "warning from God" would be that something else is going to follow. Unless lots of people in Vegas have been hearing a voice from God to change, etc. the answer to your question is: No!

God doesn't just "rain fire" from heaven without warning. When Sodom and Gommorah was burned there were numerous warnings to the people.

Do i approve of many of the things that happen in Vegas? No. But the Bible is clear about the character of our God - and He is a fair and just God and he wouldn't just burn down a city without giving them opportunities for repentance.

Kindly,

Nickster

We will see,If there are other events taking Place

to set A Pattern,Then God is putting His Signature on them;Thoughtful Question; Los Vegas ; It is proud of the Sin City Label;

Not unless the Monte Carlo was being overrun by sinning Christians. Otherwise, why would God care to send heathens a warning they would never understand?

probably god hates IDOLATRY which is mentioned in the bible it basically means gambling

god will create catastrophies he even promised it

thats probably why the city of NEW ORLEANS was almost eliminated

i myself went down there to rebuild and spoke to people that lived there they said alot of EVIL was going on

sometimes god will create disasters for everyone to acknowledge the power of god

"who are you to destroy what you have not created"

I doubt that.

I'm just very glad it was not like the fire the same hotel had back in the early 80's.

I can't remember how many died, but I do recall there were a few.

Some people say that same thing about New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina. I believe in God's sovereignty, his power and control over everything.

• didi

Only if the pretzel that nearly chocked Bush was a warning too.

Sure, that's exactly what the insurance company said. Act of God!