Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

The name London for a girl?

What do you think of it? I heard the name for the first time when watching American Idol the other night. I never thought to use it as a name, but I like the way it sounds! What about changing the spelling to Londyn?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I love it. After I also saw American Idol I went to my husband and told him that I am naming my 2nd daughter if i have one London. Very Pretty. Would not change the spelling.

• rech
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The Name London

Lv 5
    1 decade ago

London is a beautiful name, but it looks ridiculous spelled Londyn.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The name London for a city?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like the name London - but spelled the traditional way. Londyn is just too cutsie!

• SJM
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well I'm from London (the city) and, no offence, I think it sounds ridiculous and dare I say a little tacky. Changing the spelling would be even naffer.

Besides, would you really want to give your child the same name as 'classy' Britney Spears' dog?!

Source(s): Londoner
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hate it. It's too trendy(or it probably will be in the next few years) and I don't find it pretty at all. Londyn is even worse. That makes it even trendier.

• I like it but its the name of a disney show character on "the suite life of zac & cody" Londyn is cute

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm honestly not too fond of city-names in general (Brooklyn, Paris, Milan, Geneva, etc). It's sounds a little tacky to me, but if you really want to use London, I'd suggest that you keep the spelling London. The -y seems ridiculous in that context, so I'd advise against it.

• kckli
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Sweet Jesus please don't spell it with a y.

I'm going to get a ton of thumbs down but honestly it's a city, not a baby. There are tons of girl names out there that are unique (not in the top 100) and quite pretty.

I can see a lifetime of other kids taunting her, "I see London, I see France, I see London's UNDERPANTS!"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.