If you have ever gotten a red light camera ticket, how long did it take to receive the ticket by mail?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello...about as fast as they can get it and all the info which is like...2 weeks.

• Login to reply the answers
  • M D
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A couple of weeks.

Consider using a gps traffic detection poi to warn you of traffic cameras. The following site contains a link to directions for installing a free poi on most gps systems: http://www.a2dvoices.com/realitycheck/

Red-light tickets fines often vary between $60 and $400 dollars. Remember that the municipalities do not want to clog their courts, they just want your money. If you do not pay by mail and instead choose to fight the ticket in court, many times you will get a message saying that the prosecutor has decided not to prosecute.

One tactic is to contest receiving a non-moving violation for a moving violation (running a red light). It is also important to note the blowing through a red light is just as expensive as making a rolling stop when turning. The fines are just revenue generators. Out of principle, many people boycott doing their business with merchants in these municipalities.

• Mutt
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Minnesota State Supreme Court struck down the red light cameras in Minneapolis because they were basically ticketing the owner of the vehicle, not the driver.

If you do get a ticket, fight it. Unless they have a clear picture of you driving the car, they have no proof it was actually you. For all they know, you could have lent your car to someone else, and they ran the red light.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Doesn't sound to me like you should get a ticket. If one is issued it would be done very quickly. Should be received in only a few days. Most of these camera tickets are issued by companies under contract to the Govt. They typically get like 50% of the fine as their payment and are therefore quite efficient about issuing the tickets.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes it takes about 15 to 30 days to receive by mail

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I work at a local municipality. We print our tickets weekly and mail them out the following Monday.

• 1 decade ago

when i got mine, the police pulled me over and showed me the instant picture the red light took which they printed in the patrol car. The ticket was $100.

• 1 decade ago

My friend got one and it took 2-3 weeks.

Ticket will go to whom ever the license plate is registered too.

• 1 decade ago

if you jumped a red light,many things it could take upto 3 months also there maybe no film with luck and are you sure it wasnt acongestion camera

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

2-3 weeks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.