How can I block a device in my home network from accessing the internet?

I am using a Netgear DG834G Router. I'm going to use an Xbox 360 to stream video/audio content from my Windows PC but I don't want it to be able to contact to the internet (Xbox Live).

So my question is, how can I use the Xbox 360 in a "Local Only" mode preventing it from accessing the internet but still being able to connect to my computer?

Favorite Answer

Your Xbox will have a MAC address - this is fixed and cannot be changed. So what you can do is to tell your router to always assign a set IP Address (e.g. 192.168.0.3) to this MAC address. Then you can set rules within your router to allow/disallow internet traffic to/from that IP Address.

I know this is not a very descriptive answer but it should give you an idea of what needs to be done so you can check the router manual to find out exactly what to do.

Also, it might be possible to do this from the Xbox as well - I dont have one so I'm not sure.

But you definitely can define rules on a router to decide which devices are allowed to access the internet.

You can prevent the xbox from automatically connecting to xbox live (internet) via the dashboard settings.

• carree

Yeah and that i will inform you approaches precise once you deliver a notice out of your mom and father. i assume some human beings ain't have been given experience sufficient to appreciate whilst somebody is making an attempt to come again at a sibling

2239 W Belfair Dr