Does anyone have a recipe to make Quiznos-type flatbread?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1 c Milk �
1 ts Salt �
1/4 c Warm water �
1 pk Dry yeast �
1/4 c Honey �
1/4 c Margarine �
1 Egg �
1 ts Sugar �
4 c Flour
1. Scald milk
2. Place scalded milk in a large bowl with honey, margarine, salt.
3. Stir until margarine is melted.
4. Let cool
5. In a small bowl, combine: sugar, dry yeast and warm water. The yeastshould bubble.
6. Add 1-1/2 Cup flour to milk mixture, add eggs, and mix well.
7. Add yeast mixture and 2-1/2 cups flour
8. Mix until dough is sticky.
9. Knead on a floured board
10. Place dough in a bowl (oil the top) and cover.
11. Let rise until double in size.
12. Punch down dough and cut into 16 pieces. Form ball with each of the 16pieces.
13. Roll to 1/8th" thickness, 8-10" round
14. In a large skillet (heated) cook for 15 seconds, flip and cook the other side
I hope you like this recipe.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
"A wonderful, quick alternative to garlic bread. Lots of herbs and lots of flavor!"
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 1 Hr
Original recipe yield: 1 focaccia
· 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon white sugar
· 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
· 1 pinch ground black pepper
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 cup water
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
· 1 cup mozzarella
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water.
2. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Here are 25 recipes for you to look through:
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous5 years ago
look at a local ethnic store for a good flat bread, try mrs. Bairds or Pepperidge Farm
- doclakewriteLv 71 decade ago
it is focaccia bread I think you want....