14 year old girl having sexual intercourse with 18 year old guy. What to do?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Ok. So I have a little cousin who is 14 yrs old. Her parents have a kind of disfunctional relationship and hardly pay attention to her or their other kids. So about a couple weeks ...show more
Update : So what i want to know is what do i do next? I definitely do not approve ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
you gotta let it play out. i know it sounds like it wont help but you cant save her from herself. she will eventually learn. they wont be together forever. she has to learn the hard way. and if that still doesnt help sit down and have a normal conversation with her and tel her how this could affect her. make sure she knows u arent judging and that you just want to make sure she is safe. tell her you arent mad or dissapointed but that you are here for her no matter what and that she is so much better then what she is doing.. maybe also propose she move in with you? to keep a better eye on things. the main thing is is that you cant stop this from happening only she can so make sure your jsut there for her. you can start hanging out with her more and do mroe stuff together this way she knows she has family that cares.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thanks for all of your help, guys and gals! I have done just this... she is spending the next two weeks with me and her appointment at the teen clinic is scheduled for this week. I appreciate the help!
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (22)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • , answered 6 years ago
    Eww what a disgusting guy! If I was related to her, I would beat the crap outta him!
    • 5
    • Comment
  • suedette answered 6 years ago
    report the 18 year old to the police
    • 5
    • Comment
  • Needlatinhelp answered 6 years ago
    You can get the guy arrested because he is 18. He can go to jail for a very long time.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • firebirdsouxsie answered 6 years ago
    That is worng on so many levels i would call the cops he is a pedophile. also she needs to know the risks linked to sex and her potentials in life that could be ruined by being sexually active at that age. It makes me sick to hear that! if you call the cops your cousin and her bf will never know you callled. this guy is a slez. He is controling her. When i was 15 i was manipulated into going out with this 25 year old who liked to beat the **** out of me. all i can say is get her the hell out of his grip!! him and i were never sexually active for those who may critizie me. I was stupied i know.
    and if its not to much trouble for you and dependeing on your age would it be possible that you could fight for custody or even just have her stay wityh you for a bit? She needs a stable level headed person which you sound to be.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Gary C answered 6 years ago
    You should most definitely find a way to prove this guy is having sex with this minor child and report it. She is not ready for the emotional damage this can and will have on her. If you can try and watch the guy, get a routine down with him and see if there are other girls hes with, then get your cousin to catch him. Then be there to explain that he never cared for here, just wanted to use her. She will have to see it for herself before she believes anything you have to tell her. Then explain that her situation is what she makes it. Stop skipping school and get out of the neighborhood shes in and get a good job and a good life. If a guy really cares anything for her they will wait and not degrade her young body by marking it up. Hickeys can cause surface cancer over time. Getting her on birth control is the best thing you can do, she doesn't need the mistake of raising a child when shes just a child herself. Good luck and report this guy soon before its too late.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • radbagm3 answered 6 years ago
    What a shame. The only thing you can do is to confront her parents. Approach it with maturity and let them know that you are worried and concerned about your cousin. You saw hickeys on her body and she confessed to you that she has been skipping school to have sex with an 18yr old. Let them know that you feel punishment may not be the solution, but maybe seeking counseling can help her talk about issues she may be having. Once you have established your claim, there is really not much you can do, but to keep an open communication with your cousin and keep reminding her that her actions have consequences. Good luck and keep being a good role model to your family.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Meadow Soprano answered 6 years ago
    First thing I would do is take this information to her parents - about the guy she is messing with and his age. I don't know what state you live in, but that is statutory rape and he could get into serious trouble messin' with her! If her parents don't do anything about it, you have to decide if you want to take matters into your own hands. You could go to him directly and try to talk to him, or just turn him in!

Maybe you should try to put a little scare into her? Find a group home or school in your area for teenage girls with babies. Have her go and talk to these girls and see what can happen!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Charles B answered 6 years ago
    Call the police. you can report it anonymously, but you definetly should. 14 by itself is way to young, but with an 18 year old is much worse.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • don n answered 6 years ago
    It is admirable that you are willing to do something to try to help your cousin and not just look the other way saying to yourself that it isn't your problem.

At this point, since the parents don't seem concerned, you need to contact child protection services and let them intervene for the sake of this girl and the other children in the household. The boy who is 18 is actually committing statutory rape.

The child protection agency will keep your name confidential and they will investigate with the school. I would think the PE teacher would also be aware of the hickeys on her breasts.

The child protection agency has the authority and the clout to take her out of the situation she is in and get her whatever counselling or help she needs as well as making sure that the parents start being more responsible if she is to be returned to them.

It is a shame to have to go this route, however it is the most direct and best choice you have. The child protection agency will also take care of getting the 18 year old prosecuted.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Thomas D answered 6 years ago
    I would call that statutory rape and at 18 he would be considered as an adult and can go to jail for a long time
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • nita answered 6 years ago
    14 is young but i wouldn't say for kids today that it isn't the norm, this is one of the reasons there are more unwanted pregnancy's. ( people use termination as birth control ) you wont get this girl to stop having sex but you can make sure she is well protected IE pill Durex's.don't come over all adult and nanggie that will just stop her listening to you. tell her she must go to school and see this bloke at night time and weekends you've got your work cut out here, but be persistent but in a loving way let her know that you love and care about her well being tell her she can tell you anything and leave open the line of communication
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Granny 1 answered 6 years ago
    Report the bf to the police, its called sex with a minor, she is not the age of consent, and let the boy know if this doesn't end today that's what you will do and follow through on it.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • frank answered 6 years ago
    A few nights in lock up should straighten his @ss up
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Breed answered 6 years ago
    I would definitely report that sexual predator to the authorities and sorry to say, the best way to have him incarcerated is to catch them in the act.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • nae-nae answered 6 years ago
    wow you should this is a real problem and i know how you feel. Well i think that you should reaaly talk to her and get into her head that if she doesn't stop this something could really happen that she might regret
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • maryann p answered 6 years ago
    REPORT IT TO THE POLICE IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE AT THAT AGE.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Liven-Life answered 6 years ago
    report the partents and the 18 yr old boyfriend. They both need to have a reality check and quick. Cause if they arnt going to raise that child im sure the system will atleast give theat child a stable place and people around her that truly care.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • What the hell is reporting him going to do? 14 is legal now. Let her be, there is nothing you can do to stop them from seeing each other or changing there feelings for each other. As for the skipping school.. well the girls gunna do what she wants to do.. dont say anything to her about dating him or she isnt going to listen to you about going to school.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • MARK answered 6 years ago
    THE GUY IS SICK, I WOULD BEAT THE MESS OUT OF HIM!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mango answered 6 years ago
    If this was my cousin I would first kick the guy *** and then call the police and report him before it is too late but that is just me.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • therealfreddy_p answered 6 years ago
    call the local police
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • amandafofanda66 answered 6 years ago
    Sadly, if her parents don't care then there's nothing you can do.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock