Driver license?

Do I have to take the eye test again when I renew my license at 32 even though my license states that I wear glasses

A TEXAS DRIVERS LICENSE

• wizjp
    Favorite Answer

Most states don't retest eyes on a renewal. Check your state DMV website; a lot renew over the internet.

TX Does online:

Who is eligible to renew online or via the telephone?

Your license expires within one year as of today's date and has not been expired for more than two years.

Your last renewal was completed in person at a Texas driver license office.

You do not currently hold a provisional driver license. (All drivers 18 years of age or younger must renew in person.).

You currently hold a Class C or CM license. (All Class A or B licenses and Commercial Driver Licenses must be renewed in person.).

You have no change in your vision, physical or mental condition that would affect your ability to operate a motor vehicle.

Your record indicates that you are eligible to renew online. (No outstanding traffic tickets or warrants).

You currently have a Texas residential or mailing address and will retain a Texas residence or mailing address.

Your browser supports 128 bit encryption.

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/services/vehicle_titles...

I live in Masschusetts and I have to pass an eye exam every

time I go to the Registry of Motor Vehicles to renew mine.

In California we do.

Of course, the eye exams are hanging right there for everyone to see while you wait, so if you are clever, you can memorize the whole thing, and pass with your eyes closed :)

No you don't have toanother eye test again if you can drive properly.

Well .........DUH!!!!!!!!

Of course you do.............geez...........

Rethink what you just asked and try to figure out if you think it's a good idea for blind people to be driving all over the place!!!!

IF ANY state doesn't test each time........I find it to be a serious disconnect in the system.......

holy cow!!!!