Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why are Christians so judgemental?

Seriously, I mean I'm one of the most conservative person you can ever meet but my employers (I'm one of three nannies for a family) who are Christain started judging me because I have pics of me and my boyfriend on my dresser. One of them is of us on the beach so I'm in a string bikini and the other one is a picture at his fraternity formal and he has his hand on my backside and they said they are Christians and it's very inapporiate to have it out! Plus, my guy spent the night one night and they assumed the worse! Now they are telling me to clean up my act or I'm going to be fired! So my quesiton is why are Christians such judgemental people?

• John W
    Best Answer

Thats a pretty sweeping generality. Are you Judging Christians with this question?

Jesus is the One who said that He is the only way to the Father. For Christians to say that there are other ways to find peace with God is to bear false testimony. In one sweeping statement, Jesus discards all other religions as a means of finding forgiveness of sins. This agrees with other Scriptures: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12), and "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5).

"Judge not lest you be judged. You therefore have no right to judge me when it comes to my sins!"

The world often takes this verse out of context and uses it to accuse Christians of being "judgmental" when they speak of sin. In the context of the verse Jesus is telling His disciples not to judge one another, something the Bible condemns (Romans 14:10; James 4:11). In Luke 6:41,42 He speaks of seeing a speck in a brother’s eye. In John 7:24 He said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." If someone steals, lies, commits adultery or murder, etc., the Christian can make a (righteous) moral judgment and say that the actions were morally wrong, and that these sins will have eternal consequences. Chuck Colson said, "True tolerance is not a total lack of judgment. It’s knowing what should be tolerated—and refusing to tolerate that which shouldn’t."

"You shouldn’t talk about sin because Jesus didn’t condemn anybody. He was always loving and kind."

Jesus did indeed condemn some people for their sin. In Matthew 23 He called the religious leaders "hypocrites" seven times. He told them that they were "blind fools," children of hell, full of hypocrisy and sin. He climaxed His sermon by saying, "You serpents, you generation of vipers, how shall you escape the damnation of hell?" (v. 33). He then warned that He would say to the wicked, "Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).

God bless you.

• hare

Judgemental Christians

Allegory here -- Scripture there -- Not all Christians over some where -- Its never a ? about individuals ... So christics who say not all christians are that way ---- WE REALIZE THAT--- the question pertains to christian beliefs-- All christic believe what their pastor teaches them ( or why would they go ))---Which is-- the wicked burn in hell ---teaching on morality-- Were the truth ( cause JC said so )--- Christians as individual tend to be the most able to make these judgements based on the knowledge of scripture ( and the doctrine in them )--- If your knowledge is wrong so are you-- Morality & ethics can only be an opinion----Why in the middle east is it OK to force a 13 year old girl marry a 60 year old man--- CAUSE IT IS MORAL OVER THERE !!! Sometimes Christian actions seem somewhat similar to this type of thinking to me.. But then again --- The inqisitions and crusades never can be compared to BENLADEN and his morals --- RIGHT>>>

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why are Christians so judgemental?

Seriously, I mean I'm one of the most conservative person you can ever meet but my employers (I'm one of three nannies for a family) who are Christain started judging me because I have pics of me and my boyfriend on my dresser. One of them is of us on the beach so I'm in a string bikini...

Source(s): christians judgemental: https://shortly.im/fmmPA

Forget the the label Christians. They are your employer. And you are their employee. If you don't like their attitude quit and work somewhere else. Tell them you respect their wishes but you disagree and you want to find time to get another job as a nanny elsewhere and politely ask them to give you a recommendation. Just because they are "judgmental" does not mean you do not need to be "civil" to them or disrespectful. Two wrongs do not make a right. By you showing courtesy and respect I should think you will be highly recommended. Good luck.

it's not fair to generalize or group all christians together as judgemental.

i am a christian, and have experienced the worst kind of behavior coming from some "christians". some christians who act like that end up driving people who are not away from the church instead of trying to encourage them that we are an accepting group of people (or supposed to be). but not ALL christians are like that, most aren't actually

it's no different from stereotyping

Because they follow the Bible. They feel that everyone should follow it just because they do. They take no consideration for how others feel about things. With them it's "My way or nothing". And if you dare disagree then there are those ones that tell you that you're going to burn in hell for all eternity. Then they'll say "We have a loving religion". WHAAAAAAAT?!!!! But five seconds ago did you just not tell me that I was going to burn? "oh, I did but you won't burn if you believe! You have a choice!" Whaaaaat! So you're saying that if I choose not to believe I deserve to burn for all eternity? Why? Please tell me where is the love in that. I know most of you are Christians but listen to me. Let's put out religions aside for a second and answer this for me: Deep down in your heart you really think that someone deserves to burn for all eternity...actually BURN because they are either atheist, homosexual, pagan, or anything that doesn't fit the Christian agenda? You really do?

• hailey3 years agoReport

Also the fact that the bible supports slavery so

If you're a live-in nanny (?), you have an obligation to follow their house rules. Don't take it so personally--it's not about you, but rather it's about how they wish to raise their own children--with you setting the example. Having a guy spend the night with the nanny would be out of bounds in most houses. I'd side with you on the pictures because your room should have a measure of privacy, but again, if they don't wish their children to see them, make sure the children don't enter your room.

By the way, from a guy's perspective, the LAST thing a husband and father needs to see is a picture of the nanny in a string bikini.

Are doing this in the house you are a nanny? Then they have every right because you are around other people and children.

If the pictures are in your own room which is shared by no one else then they do not have the right, God gave us the choice and it is between you and God. If you share they room then I would say you should consider their feelings as well.

Also Christians get judgemental and hold one accountable ( (which God says we are suppose to) confused. Holding one accountable is letting them know whay God expects of them, not what they expect. It is such a close line to cross they we cross it without realizing it. No one is perfect and without sin and God knows that. It is what we choose to do when we notice or are shown what we are doing wrong if we change for God that matters.

Wow. It makes me crazy when people make generalizations. Do you realize that you've just made a judgement of ALL Christians in the way you've stated your question?

Not all Christians are so prone to telling others how to live their lives. There are many different types of people who follow Christ as their Lord and Savior, and some prefer to choose the "judge not lest ye be judged" route.

I'm sorry that these people are being rough on you. Nanny work is a much more intimate employer/employee relationship. (I know, I was one just after I finished my bachelor's degree) If, as a nanny, you have a picture like that on your dresser and you live in their home, they're within their rights as your employer to tell you what's ok in their home. Also, you were out of line if your boyfriend spent the night at their home, no matter what. It's just inappropriate as that's your home, but it's also your workplace.

But, that being said,they're entitled to their opinions, but I would honestly start looking for another placement. You'll not change them, and unless you want to change your ways, you'll not last long there. Blessings on a new start.

You are the paid, live in employee that has been given guidelines about what they want their children exposed to. If it were the other way around, would that make you judgemental? You can live any way you want and do what you want to do, except on the job, and that's any job. It is just because they are christians you say this, be honest with yourself.