Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 decade ago

Is geometry harder then Algebra?

I'm in 9th right now taking algebra 1 and next year I wanted to take geometry

• Diane

Algebra 1 and Pre Algebra are easier than Geometry. Algebra 2 is harder than Geometry. But if you had a good algebra 1 teacher and had a good foundation in Algebra then ya you'll be fine. Algebra 2 has very little Geometry. Algebra 2 has some trig functions as well

Geometry is harder then Algebra 1 but easier than Algebra 2.

Actually you need the one to take the other. If you don't know how to find variables, then don't take geometry or any higher math because they may ask you to find an unknow length of a polygon. Plus, if you take pre-calculus, it's all based on algebra and geometry.

it depends on what you're good at.

A lot of people think Geometry is easier that Algebra because it's a lot more visual with shapes and such

for me Algebra was much much easier

Depends, these two subjects are tow totally different things. Right now I am in Clac with Trig and I though geometry was harder, but it all depends on you!

I'm in geometry...It's actually easier than I thought. It involves logical thinking. I'm in the 9th grade too!!!

personally I think it depends on your learning style. im really bad at algebra and graphing but i am really good at geometry and personally find it easier. i think you will have to see. i think visual learners are better at geometry than at algebra. i like having a visual picture, it works better for me. it will just depend on you personally.

well, geometry is a lot of like memorizing theorems and stuff and algebra is knowing hte process and applying it so if you can memorize geometry may be easier for you.

it all depends. like you HAVE to know algebra to take geomrety because geometry deals with formulas that delas with algrabra so in the long run i would say yes :D

Source(s): i have taken both

well geometry goes more into depth than agebra its the same work but theres more and its harder