Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 decade ago

Is geometry harder then Algebra?

I'm in 9th right now taking algebra 1 and next year I wanted to take geometry

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Diane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Algebra 1 and Pre Algebra are easier than Geometry. Algebra 2 is harder than Geometry. But if you had a good algebra 1 teacher and had a good foundation in Algebra then ya you'll be fine. Algebra 2 has very little Geometry. Algebra 2 has some trig functions as well

• 1 decade ago

Geometry is harder then Algebra 1 but easier than Algebra 2.

• 1 decade ago

Actually you need the one to take the other. If you don't know how to find variables, then don't take geometry or any higher math because they may ask you to find an unknow length of a polygon. Plus, if you take pre-calculus, it's all based on algebra and geometry.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it depends on what you're good at.

A lot of people think Geometry is easier that Algebra because it's a lot more visual with shapes and such

for me Algebra was much much easier

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Depends, these two subjects are tow totally different things. Right now I am in Clac with Trig and I though geometry was harder, but it all depends on you!

• 1 decade ago

I'm in geometry...It's actually easier than I thought. It involves logical thinking. I'm in the 9th grade too!!!

• 1 decade ago

personally I think it depends on your learning style. im really bad at algebra and graphing but i am really good at geometry and personally find it easier. i think you will have to see. i think visual learners are better at geometry than at algebra. i like having a visual picture, it works better for me. it will just depend on you personally.

• 1 decade ago

well, geometry is a lot of like memorizing theorems and stuff and algebra is knowing hte process and applying it so if you can memorize geometry may be easier for you.

• 1 decade ago

it all depends. like you HAVE to know algebra to take geomrety because geometry deals with formulas that delas with algrabra so in the long run i would say yes :D

Source(s): i have taken both
  • 1 decade ago

well geometry goes more into depth than agebra its the same work but theres more and its harder

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.