:[

what do you think

yes or no ?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

you get an extended version of my generic answer, ill debunk all myths.

"here ya go, enjoy your 4 remaining years. the rest of us will enjoy our remaining decades:

heres my generic answer because i am so sick of addressing this question so many times.

1. ok galactic alignment, maybe u need to do research. the sun and the black hole are always aligned, any 2 points make a line. the sun, black hole, and earth align every year since the earth orbits the sun once a year, which is always lined up with the black hole. the theory is called the horizon project and it is 100% false. it says that since the black hole is spinning its gravity concentrates into a disk and thats why our galaxy is a disk. and it says were going to pass through that disk and the increased gravity will mess up earth. thats 100% false. our galaxy is a disk because it is spinning and centrifugal force flattened the actual matter out, not the gravity. gravity cannot possibly concentrate itself in one area, its not possible.

2. pole shift. impossible. yes its true that the earth is going through a pole shift, but those take literally hundreds of thousands of years. even if it did shift nothing at all would happen. the magnetic poles dont effect our life at all. we would just have to switch around our compasses. and if you mean like the polar ice caps...give me a break. nothing at all could cause the entire crust of the earth to flip. and actually if it all flipped in unison nothing would happen.

3. planet x. a giant brown dwarf orbiting our sun? no... planet x, or nibiru, is not real. it was created to explain irregularities in neptunes orbit that have long since been explained. we would easily be able to notice the gravity of a brown dwarf orbiting our sun.

4. THE MAYAN CALENDAR DOES NOT END! it starts a new count, its how they organized there calendar. we use years, they use counts. u dont see people freaking out every time we start a new year do u? 2012 is going to pass just like Y2K. alot of hype from idiots and then nothing. and even if it did end so what? did you expect them to continue making calendars forever, an infinitely long calendar?

5. global warming/weather. the weather isnt really getting worse. the earth is heating up. but its by like a fraction of a degree every decade. in 4 years it wont even raise a degree. the amount of greenhouse gases that we would have to pour into the atmosphere to make it change would be huge. acid rain would kill us before global warming did.

6. alien life. heres some info. we have been monitoring space for signals from aliens for about 40 years and have received none. since nothing can travel faster than light they would have to travel atleast 40 years to get here. this is the part most people dont know. molecular bonds break apart at around 1/50 of the speed of light. so if they reached that speed their craft would just disintegrate as would they. so well say that they live 40 lightyears away and can travel as close to 1/50c as possible. which means they would have to travel for 2000 years to reach earth. thats realistic right. now im sure ur wondering about worm holes or something. well wormholes are the most unstable objects in the universe, they break apart litterally the instant they form. that is, if they even exist.

7. the bible says the world will end in 2012. false, 100% false. the bible codes say the world will end in 2012, but they are also false. using the same software used in the bible code project someone found codes in other books such as moby dick. you can find anything you want in a big enough book. infact, the bible says that no person can ever predict when the world will end.

8. Nostradamus predicted it. no...Nostradamus never made ANY specific predictions. he predicted the world would end and gave some general things that would be going, like war. his predictions are so vauge they can and have been applied to any time the world seems to be going down the shitter. because of him tons of people thought Hitler or Mussolini was the Antichrist. his predictions are nothing more than general statements that could be applied to any period in time.

that pretty much puts a damper on all of the theories doesnt it."

• 1 decade ago

I highly doubt it anymore.The Mayan calender is the most accurate to date,but it being right is unlikely.We have about another five million,or even billion years before the sun goes crazy.At that point,it will engulf the planet,or just die out and Earth becomes a cold lifeless rock.So we've got a while until we know whats going to happen.If we are still alive by the end of 2012,then we're fine for another million or billion years,unless we all die in a nuclear war or from a zombie apcolypse.

• 1 decade ago

Why are you so obsessed with dying? It is a given that we will all die soon enough. If it happens in 2012 then so be it; there is not much that we can do about it anyway. Worry about living and let the dying part come as it may.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh, I do hope so. Then this question will have been asked for the last time - more than 4937 times so far.

The answer is out there and it is a considered, resounding and thorough NO.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I heard the Daleks are coming. Does anyone know the cell phone number of Doctor Who? We need him in a hurry!

• 4 years ago

Nope. Looks like we all died. We are all in Internet heaven. Except 4chan. They are in hell.

Source(s): Blinded by the light.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think yes, because of a few reasons.

First, that is the date thy Mayan calendar ends, and the mayan calendar is the most accurate calendar to date, even more accurate than the one we use now. The mayan gods told the people to chart all of time, and the fact that they stopped then can only mean that was meant to be the end of time.

Second, Nostradomus predicted that the world would end on december 21, 2012.

Third, many old chinese philosophers also predicted the same thing.

Finally, none of these sources had any contact with one another, so i believe it is far too much of a coincidence that these three sources all predicted the same thing if they did not have contact and not have it be true.

• 1 decade ago

It doesn't matter.

People have been predicting the end of all things since the beginning of all things.

It doesn't matter.

Live today as good as you can live it.

Then, if your world ends tonight, you'll have no regrets.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

oh my gosh i heard about that from my history teacher and i thought she was kidding and now i am really scared because everyone keeps metioning about it. the scientist think that we are going to die on 2012.

I believe in God and maybe this is like Revolation where Satin is supposed to kill everyone on the world by doing something really bad but then God brings us back to life.

I hope this isnt going to happen but it could

it might help from this happening is if people quit pulluting and littering.

• 1 decade ago

No. You have to stop watching those doomsday scenarios on the History Channel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.