UK Employment Law?

My daughter took extended maternity leave to have her first child. Her post was full time. Her husband has gone self employed and works long hours Monday to Saturday. My daughter wishes to resume her employment as an Appliance Sales Manager for a high street retailer on Sundays. They have told her that they do... show more My daughter took extended maternity leave to have her first child. Her post was full time. Her husband has gone self employed and works long hours Monday to Saturday. My daughter wishes to resume her employment as an Appliance Sales Manager for a high street retailer on Sundays. They have told her that they do not require cover at her store for Sundays, although they do trade from that store for six hours every Sunday. They have accused her of being inflexible which is unfair as because of child care this is the only day she can work. They have now given her an ultimatum to resume her normal hours or they will commence deciplinary proceedings with a view, presumably, to terminating her employment. She has worked for them for approx. ten years and is currently owed three weeks holiday pay. She has offered to accept ten years redunadancy plus her her holiday pay and an amount to cover her whilst she seeks seeks alternative emplyment equal to five days pay. They have refused this.
14 answers 14