What jobs can I pursue with a Finance major? Is Finance Boring?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
A finance major is very broad. Finance is only boring if you dont enjoy it. I love my job as a hedge fund accountant for an investment bank. It is always challenging and interesting. I can imagine a portfolio manager/trader role would be anything but boring. Could be stressful though.
- if your grades are good you could move into investment banking. Striking deals and managing the deal process is a big money field (100k first year out with 500k bonuses commonplace)
- research analyst
- trader (equity, derivatives, bonds)
- you could even move into accounting if you have enough accountancy subjects in your course
Further list of jobs below:
Business Credit/Loan Specialist
Consumer Credit/Loan Officer
Customer Service Representative
International Trade Specialist
Inventory Control Specialist
Inventory Data Manager
Market Research Analyst
Pension Fund Manager
Public Practice Accountant
Real Estate Developer
Real Estate Salesperson/Broker
Treasury Management Specialist
All of the above would MAY require further study. For example CFA for the first 3 and CPA for accounting.Source(s): Im an accountant for an investment bank. List from: http://www.ashland.edu/cardev/documents/Finance_00...
- cashmaker81Lv 61 decade ago
I think it's boring. You can get lots of jobs with a finance degree, banking, investment and financial services, budgeting, I just can't imagine it being very fun.
- 1 decade ago
It's not boring if you have a great personality and good ambition and are able to climb the ladder.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- shefel0203Lv 41 decade ago
- Auntie MameLv 71 decade ago
The only thing fun about it is being the CFO of a large company. These people have incomes in the millions of dollars. Money is never boring!
- Anonymous5 years ago