Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Should a Non Muslim woman convert to Islam just to marry a Muslim man?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely not. Let the primitive "convert".

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Never!! He's the lost and confused soul. Islam is a hoax designed by control freaks.

For the first time in human history women are achieving a status equal to men. A status that will provide them with wonderful possibilities for their lives. Islam sticks you 1400 years back in time. If that is what you want then you are a fool and I no respect for you!

You may love this muslim man for all the right reasons but by converting to islam you are 'submitting' yourself to an institution which does not look upon you as an equal. Why do this? Dont you have a right to be treated as a human being? Aren't you equal to other human beings? Islam will errode you self-worth! Your life is too short to give it up while you are so young!

• 1 decade ago

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Hello. First of all, it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a woman who is a Christian or Jew, with some restrictions. Secondly, there is no such thing as converting for convenience. Becoming Muslim must be based on belief and understanding, so a person who "converts" out of convenience is doing something that is of no use. Becoming Muslim entails specific duties as well, such as praying five times a day, so it would be quickly obvious that a person's conversion was not sincere if she didn't do the basic duties of the religion.

If the non-Muslim woman is a Hindu or an atheist or such, then she is not permitted to marry a Muslim man. She would have to convert to marry, but then again the conversion would have to be sincere. Ultimately, the knowledge of if one is truly a believer or not only rests with Allah, so if someone converts in order to marry, I would give her the benefit of the doubt and would trust that she truly believes unless she told me otherwise. And Allah knows best.

May Allah guide you to the best in this world and the next. Ameen.

Fi Aman Allah,

Nancy Umm Abdel Hamid

Source(s): www.islamicity.com
  • A Muslim man can marry a non muslim woman because the father is typically the one who has the most influence over the child. A Muslim woman should marry a muslim man for that reason. People should only convert if they believe in Islam any other reason is an insult to God

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Keep in mind that if you marry a Muslim and go to a Muslim country, you are under Muslim law," said Yvonne Haddad, professor of Islamic history and Christian-Muslim relations at Georgetown University. "If you do not convert to Islam but end up divorcing, the children become his.

"Even if you do convert, you only keep the children until a certain age," which is 7 to 9 for boys and 15 for girls. Most women do convert, she said, because of the immense social pressure to do so.

The Koran, which calls the husband the head of the family, does not allow a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. However, Muslim men are allowed to marry Jewish or Christian women with the proviso their children are brought up as Muslims. Also, there is no Muslim man who is going to have his children baptized," she said.

A woman who marries may find that on the marriage certificate that her name had been changed to a Muslim name and she had, at least on paper, been converted to Islam.

The Zennah Ministries, a Holmes Beach, Fla.-based group for women married to Muslims.has a Web site, www.zennahministries.com, and includes an "abuse escape plan" and phone numbers of domestic abuse hot lines.

They say that, "in no way do I believe that all Muslims beat their wives, nor do I believe that all Christian men do not," she states on the site. "The difference is that in Islam, men are given the permission to beat their wives with no questions asked if they feel the need."

• 1 decade ago

Not unless you are prepared to stick with it, assuming that it will be for life, and you will have to observe Muslim customs for the rest of your days. Also, it will depend greatly on what kind of Muslim you are marrying. I mean, will you be expected to wear a burqa, for instance, or just put a scarf over your head? There's a big difference. Some Muslims go in for more restrictive practises than others. What kind are you thinking of marrying?

If you are Christian (even if only nominally) or Jewish, then he should be allowed to marry you anyway, I understand it's all right, but of course if he is a very devout Musliam he might feel he must marry a Muslim.

• 1 decade ago

No woman should convert just to marry a Muslim. Such Muslims are short lived and divorces amongst such marriages are highest. Converting to get married is a wrong reason to convert. Study Islam thoroughly first. If you like the religion because it is clear to you that yes there is only one God and Mohammad is a Messenger of God just like, Abraham, Moses, Jesus were Prophets and Messengers of God and Islam is the right religion, then only you should marry who ever you wish to marry. If the first man is available, God will bless you with another man even better if you love God and converted to believe, obey and worship God all-mighty.

May God guide you to do what is best and lead you to the

best way of God that leads you to heaven in hereafter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You may spend days learning more about Muslim before any resolution. You love a Muslim man, you will love Islam too! I once saw similar cace at SearchingMuslim.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Reverting to Islam for a boy or girl doesn't count. You would be considered a non Muslim. You have to truely believe in ALLAH(Subhanna wa ta'ala) and Muhammad(SAW) in order to become Muslim. Muslim men can marry chaste(Virgin) Christian women, chaste(Virgin) Jewish women, and Chaste(Virgin) Muslim women. But any children born of a Muslim and a Jew or Christian are automatically Christian. And the Bible says if your a Christian you won't be unequally yoked so if a Christian marries someone who is not a Christian he or she is disobeying their holy book and disobeying the word of God.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so, you convert to a religion because you belive in the teachings of that religion, but converting just to marry a man from that religion sounds incorrect to me.

• You all are ALL ignorant fools

First of all a muslim man can marry a Jew, or a believing christian, or a pious person.

No, she shouldn't marry him just to marry him. She should actually believe in his/her faith

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.