Certified arborist?

Is there any certified arborists that can give tips on maintaing trees? I'm a big tree lover and love watching tree trimmers trim trees. How do you guys climb big palm trees? Any tips on pruning? I prune my trees; however, would like some additional info.

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

As Cat said heading to the library is a good option. You can also check out sherrilltree.com, tcia.org, and isa.org for more information. Sherrill's catalog, which you can request for free I believe, has lots of informational illustrations and mini-articles in it that describe various facets of climbing and pruning. You could also check around your area and see if there are any recreational tree climbing groups. I'm sure they'd love to have another member and they'd be able to teach you some things about climbing. It's a great time.

Source(s): Nebraska Arborist Association certified arborist sherrilltree.com tcia.org isa.org

Hard to give advice on pruning in this kind of forum. There a lot to learn. My best advice would be to go to the library, and grab several books on tree pruning, and peruse them. You'll learn a lot.

• well, the skilled ones in third world countries, they have no security measures. bare hands and feet they climb the coconut trees.

but mostly, they use a thick and long strap (leather maybe),gripped by two hands, to belt around the palm tree. the of course you have hooks? ( i don't know how you call it) on your shoes or boots to help you to climb.