Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 decade ago

peanut butter is bad for diabetes ?

peanut butter is bad for diabetes ?

Best Answer

Peanut butter is not bad for diabetics. It is a good source of fiber and protein. Get Peanut butter with no sugar added or natural. Don't over indulge, just the normal 2 tbsp serving is all. This amount has 7g carb, 2g fiber, 3 g sugar, 7 g protein. Not too bad. These numbers are from Skippy creamy peanut butter. Though there are 190 calories with 140 being from fat, but no cholesterol, 16g fat, 3 of which are saturated, 0 trans fat. So no it's not bad for a diabetic to eat, just don't eat a lot because it is high in calories.

• Erika

Peanut Butter And Diabetes

1

Source(s): Secret To Destroy Diabetes - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?HBfq

2

Source(s): #1 Diabetes Cure System : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?XthQ
  • reenu

Peanut Butter Glycemic Index

Peanut butter or any of the other nut butters are very good snack food. Choose whole wheat or whole grain bread or crackers or . . .

I spread nut butters on apple slices!

Remember: Moderation in all things!!

half an apple sliced thin with a light smear of peanut butter is a good snack serving.

Peanuts are supposed to be good for cholesterol lowering also!!

• Cindy

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Peanut butter is actually very good for you in moderation. It is low in carbs but high in protein. The fat contained in peanut butter as well as peanuts and other types of nuts is very healthy also. Too much peanut butter will cause you to gain weight so be careful.

hi....

dont worry about consuming peanut butter in your daily diet.

Attually,peanut butter provides protection against cardiovascular disease due to high levels of monounsaturated fats and Resveratrol, though butter prepared with the skin of the peanuts has a greater level of resveratrol and other health-aiding agents.It also an excellent source of protein, and vitamins B3 and E, peanuts also contain magnesium, folate, dietary fiber and arginine.

But for people with a peanut allergy, peanut butter can cause reactions including anaphylactic shock which has led to its banning in some schools.

The peanut plant is susceptible to the mold Aspergillus flavus which produces a carcinogenic substance called aflatoxin. Since it is impossible to completely remove every instance of aflatoxins, contamination of peanuts and peanut butter is monitored in many countries to ensure safe levels of this carcinogen.

Certain brands of peanut butter might contain a small amount of added hydrogenated vegetable oils, which are rich in trans fatty acids. Such fatty acids are thought to be a cause of atherosclerosis, as well as two of the three leading main causes of death in North America: coronary heart disease and stroke. However, natural peanut butter do not contain partially hydrogenated oils.

Peanuts also contain high levels of an antioxidant called p-coumaric acid.the manufaturer will add sugar in order to make the product sweet ant tasty. that the reason is bad for diabetes.

If you really craving for peanut butter, you can buy without sugar, which means they will use aspartame,saccahrrin adn etc...

hope the information reallly worthwhile and vote me for BEST answers....

Sugar is bad for diabetics. Eating low glycemic index foods such as peanut butter, yogurt, beans and broccoli along with a diet high in cereal fiber can significantly reduce the risk of non-insulin-dependent diabetes in women, according to a new Harvard School of Public Health study recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.