promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why does JOS advocate signing in Blood in the dedication ritual?

In the dedicate your soul to satan ritual, its suggested one write out a prayer, and sign in blood, then burn it. I thought that the use of blood in ritual was condemned in JOS. The ritual also almost seems to be more about rejecting the Christian faith than embracing satan. Another point of question is what is the most appropriate name to use? Enki? lucifer? or the god of that persian sect. Tau melek something or other?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because somewhere, in someone's little mind, they got the belief that this would be an important dedication, one of which there is no turning back. My guess is that they got this from the Xian concept of selling your soul to the devil. Maybe not for the faint of heart? Maybe a test to see if you'd really do it? Who knows? You should call the deity by whichever name comes to you in your own personal experience. It's personal, not mass produced to fit an entire group. I suggest you study a little more, these guys aren't the only ones out there, and there is a lot more on the subject then just what they are willing to write about. They don't know everything, nobody does. You have to study until your particular deity shows itself to you. It will explain things if you pay attention.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Blood oaths go back to ancient times (see first link to read about them). Supposedly the blood is like an ID card. It is probably symbolic, as there have been many stories over the centuries about signing their name in blood. The JOS condemns blood sacrifices, which is something entirely different that dripping a bit of blood on a paper.

What you call your deity is up to you. If you accept the JOS theology (which is rather abnormal in my opinion) then all those names are equal, so just pick one you like and that you can pronounce. You would probably be wiser not to make a long term commitment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

From what I could gather from the particular words, it's all about rejecting Xianity. It's a blood oath and is intended to put forth a powerful emotional response which will justify the ends. Satan has many different names, I suggest you use the one that feels most natural.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe this site may answer it better:)

http://www.houseofenlightenment.com/index2.html

But from Stichens' books too all the other New Age so called enlightenment stuff. Most of it is used mainly to use unsuspecting internet users to supply creative material for new Role Play Gaming publications and eventually New Video Games.

In is all basically an economically motivated ploy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You may find this interesting:

http://therefinersfire.org/scotts_comment.htm

It's a Satanist saying how much he and other Satanists disagree with the "Joy of Satan" website.

Keep in mind that there is a big difference between theistic and philosophical Satanism, too. I'm not sure what your interest is. .

• wonser
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I heard a fable? while i grew to become into in severe college that the wax and different components that candles are made up of draw demons in the direction of the section they're in. Supposedly for this reason to get "outcomes" in a ritualistic ceremony candles are constantly modern in some form. i do no longer play around with that stuff so...in case you're extreme then i would be praying for you...desire you pop out alive hon. take care

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.