seriously question for jehovahs witness's?

How come jehovahs witness people always come to my door knocking on it? I get it a lot adn see them walking up and down the street...now everyone had their own point of view and maybe they want us to see theres but i feel like there is a different way to get it out there, so im just wondering what the reasoning for it is? im not bashing them whatsoever i juss honestly never knew why they did that so if someone know let me know thanks?!

Best Answer

Jesus and his disciples taught door to door and we are commissioned by Jesus to do the same. The Bible says that the good news of the Kingdom would be preached in the whole inhabited earth . The witnesses are the ones doing that preaching. No one will be able to say they haven't been preached that good news.

It's a very simple answer really;

Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves to be True Christians. Walking and following in Christs footsteps as closely as humanly possible. Honoring and sactifying the name of his Father Jehovah God. Living thier lives by bible principles laid out by his Father, and declaring the Good news of Gods kingdom ( of which Jesus is King) which is the only real hope for earth and mankind.

Jesus entire life course demonstrated that he came, not simply to be a good teacher or a miralce worker or even just a self sacrificing savior, but to uphold Jehovah's soveriehn will and to bear witness to fullfil that wil through the kingdom.

In Matthew 28:19; Jesus commisioned us ( his disciples or followers) " Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.'

And in Matthew 24vs 14 he said that " this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come"

weather we want to or not the messagece will be preached,, did you notice that.

So Jehovah's witnesses coming to your door is two fold one it was a commision sent by christ and it's a fullfillment of prophecy.

So next time they knock ask them what this kingdom will do for you personally ,, let them show you from the scriptures the answer.

Jehovah’s Witnesses preach from house to house because -

Jesus foretold for our day this work: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” He also instructed his followers: “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations.”—Matthew 24:14; 28:19.

When Jesus sent out his early disciples, he directed them to go to the homes of the people. (Matthew 10:7, 11-13.) The apostle Paul said regarding his ministry: “I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.”—Acts 20:20, 21; see also Acts 5:42.

The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one. (Zephaniah 2:2, 3.) Their calls are motivated by love—first for God, also for their neighbor.

But why do the Witnesses call repeatedly even at homes of people who do not share their faith?

They do not force their message on others. But they know that people move to new residences and that the circumstances of people change. Today a person may be too busy to listen; another time he may gladly take the time. One member of a household may not be interested, but others may be. People themselves change; serious problems in life may stimulate an awareness of spiritual need.—See also Isaiah 6:8, 11, 12.

Why do the Witnesses call on people who have their own religion?

In doing this they follow Jesus’ example. He went to the Jews. The Jews had their own religion, but in many ways it had turned away from the Word of God. (Matthew 15:1-9) All nations have religions of some kind, whether so-called Christian or non-Christian. It is vitally important for people to hold beliefs that conform to God’s own Word, and the efforts of the Witnesses to assist them in doing this constitute a showing of neighbor love.

If you would like further information & learn more - why not listen to them or get in touch with Jehovah's Witnesses at the local Kingdom Hall. Or visit <watchtower.org>

Bible -

• celada

the fact is the only situation that brings real happiness, the scriptures say that we get an inner peace that no one no longer even devil can touch, this comes from Jehovah, it is greater effective than any drug or existence variety can grant, as quickly as you have this inner peace you try daily to maintain, for dropping it brings melancholy that basically the grasp physician Jehovah can heal. i know the place i could be devoid of Jehovah, i does no longer be, because it particularly is I actual have had risk-free practices as quickly as I acted foolishly & positioned myself the place i could desire to of lost my existence in better than one way. Now as quickly as I pray I thank Jehovah for all my undeserved kindness I get carry of on a daily foundation. because of the fact the scriptures say, no guy can boast for it particularly is Jehovah who's our helper.

• Raichu

The JWs believe that by doing the work of spreading their message, they are earning favour with God. They need to earn favour with God in order to escape God's punishment on Judgement Day.

Evangelical (Bible-based) Christianity believes that we are saved by God's mercy alone, and we can't contribute to our salvation by works that we do (salvation = escaping God's punishment on Judgement Day).

So evangelical Christians will do the work of spreading the message of God's mercy and salvation because they care about other people and don't want them to end up in hell. I suspect that some JWs might also have a similar motivation, but according to their beliefs, I don't think it's an option.

Let's see if any JWs reply, I'd like to hear their side of the story.

Mainstream Christianity does this too (although lately it's mostly in third world countries - they have better luck there).

They do it because they care about the fate of your soul, I imagine.

I think it's called "witnessing". Christians have to spend so much time cramming their superstitious nonsense down everybody else's throat.