I am sick of buying toilet seats that break, it happens i buy another one and it breaks again???

what shall i do??? b4 some wise person asks have we got big bums no we have not. We are all quite fit and athletic . Its just i am sick of keep buying toilet seats that break its not as though we can take them back, ne 1 else have the same problem? or any solutions???

Favorite Answer

I live in an apartment building, where under contract, we are not allowed to fix ANYTHING, because we might make the problem worse.

Our toilet seats keep breaking too, are you talking about the back part that fits the lids on? It keeps snapping off and cracking. We've been trough 5 so far. We aren't fat either lol.

It gets annoying. You basically have to sit on it JUST RIGHT or it will go sliding off. I feel your pain.

We are still going through our problems, except ive duct taped the thing down, so far so good.

lmao I just read through the answers, and i'm laughing so hard.

my favorite solutions:

Stop pooping

Hover

lol!

It sounds to me like you have a problem with your toilet and not your toilet seat. If you keep putting new seats onto the toilet and each seat cracks, splits or just falls apart then I think you have a problem with you toilet:

This could be a problem with the lid fasten holes in the back of the base of the toilet. They could be too far apart or too close together causing tension on the seat that cracks or breaks at the stress points. It could also be an uneven rim around the toilet bowl (the narrow section your seats balances on). If this is the case the seat doesn't make contact with the rim all the way around causing weak spots where there is no support - then it breaks at those spots.

There are a few remedies short of getting a whole new toilet: Don't over tighten the seat bolts to the toilet. Try a seat that is made of solid PVC or Dense plastic vs. the cheaper acrylic ones. They may be unsightly to some but a padded seat can also give more under normal stresses. If all this doesn't work you may need to have a new toilet installed - if it is a newer bowl it may be under warranty. If not you could be out anywhere from 150 dollars up to 500 depending on what you want.

I hope this helps!

• Beth1 year agoReport

Helps me, thanx.

Yes the blooming things do break and sometimes at the most awkward moments. I have just replaced a pine one the hinges had corroded and then broke, recycled that one as firewood. The replacement was a gloss black one from Argos for £10 it lasted 3 days before 2 teeny weeny screws fell out of the bracket to the seat they were duly refitted only to fall out again a few days later followed the .next day by the other side. The seat is presently floating and can only be used with extreme care. It looks fab but is not strong enough; definitely a case of style over substance. It is made of MDF and the 4 screws that attach the hinge to the seat are tiny, they cannot hope to hold tight under any use. I have the receipt & will be taking it back as not fit for purpose. There are 4 kids and 2 adults (+ others) using this toilet so I guess I'm going to have to spend a good bit more on a heavy duty/commercial toilet seat and to hang with the aesthetics. Does anyone know of any good quality makes?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): sick buying toilet seats break buy breaks again: https://biturl.im/aVmz6

I thought it was only me!!

My last wooden seat lasted ten years, and finally split last December (2006). It just gave out on the joint between pieces glued together. I bought a acrylic resin one, a funky one at the kids request, and in under 6 mths the screw fixings had snapped and broken off. I've tried all sorts to fix it, and even asked about my money back, but because I'd paid cash, and hadn't kept receipt (who knew I'd need it?), I'm stuck with it.

My kids and I have developed the 'gingerly down' method, in case it slides away from under us. I would buy another one, but I'm on a tight budget and don't want to waste more money on a similar problem.

I can't believe that manufacturers haven't sorted these fixings out. They are impossible to get inline when your head is stuck behind the U-bend aren't they?

Have you tried the plastic fixings ones? Do they last any longer?

Good luck mate, and be comforted that you are not alone, we all have been there.

PS; Is it only me who has the Paul Simon song 'Slip sliding away' come to mind when in this delicate situation?

I've just read Yogi and I TOTALLY AGREE. Expensive ones are just as bad!!!

had the same problem

i blamed people that figgited on the toilet

my solution brought a soft close seat

also found the plastic brackets ones no good so brought one with metal fittings

guess what IT WORKED no more toilet seat buying for me

( if all else fails buy some shares in toilet seats you make a fortune )

If your kid resists using the potty chair or toilet or isn't obtaining the hang of it? If you are sick of dirty diapers? If you exhausted from little accidents? Then understand how to best train your kid with this system https://tr.im/yWLWi

Designed to assist any individual with a youthful toddler and primarily assist the toddler as well, this plan is manufactured for patient readers who wish to see their kid excel, and for people who have a powerful and loving bond with their child. If you are swift to temper, or don’t truly feel that you have time to devote three days to potty training, then you will possibly not be suited to this! By following Carol’s guidance, you could have your kid potty educated in a prolonged weekend.

Order Start Potty Training so that you can get pleasure from the benefits of possessing a entirely potty qualified and independent little one within just a number of days.

I have had the same problem in the past. I finally 'broke down' and paid good money for a solid wood model with multiple rubber 'bumpers' (not just a pair of them).

A Bemis brand seat has lasted us for several years, now. It cost about $25 at Home Depot.

.

Seriously? I have NEVER had a toilet seat break on me. Maybe you are sitting down on it too hard with your "fit and athletic" bums. Buy a high quality, durable toilet seat. They aren't hard to come by and even the fattest people won't break them. Pick one up at your local DIY store and be sure to ask a sales associate for the most durable model.

Happy crapping!

• speedy

yes I'm Fed up of buying toilet seats i got through five 1 after the other all though this 1seams to be lasting (for now)