Good place to buy DSLRs?

I'm looking to buy a new DSLR. I obviously want the best package deal I can find. However, after searching the internet, I have found many sites that offered what appeared to be EXCELLENT deals, only to see that they are rated VERY poorly with the BBB (glad I did my research! most of these are Brooklyn based,... show more I'm looking to buy a new DSLR. I obviously want the best package deal I can find. However, after searching the internet, I have found many sites that offered what appeared to be EXCELLENT deals, only to see that they are rated VERY poorly with the BBB (glad I did my research! most of these are Brooklyn based, but all with different names). What would be my best option? I'm thinking amazon, but they don't have the package deals like I hoped to get, except for the body and lense (I was hoping for a tripod, case, etc. things of that nature). Should I buy the body and lense seperate, or just be content with the body and lense from amazon? (Looking to get a Canon digital rebel Xt or XTi [whichever I can get the better deal for]). If I do find a seemingly good package, what lense should I be on the lookout for (I know little about lenses as of yet and do not want to be ripped off. they often don't list the brands)

Thanks
5 answers 5