PS3 DNS Error 80710102 - How do you correct this error?

I just bought an 80g PS3 it's been updated only to 1.94 (?). I've been trying to connect to the internet. The IP address succeeds but the DNS fails. I have an Arris Cable Modem from Comcast so I connect via ethernet. I've used my PC info. from Network Connections and right clicking Properties to obtain my IP, DNS prim/secondary, and Default Gateway (is this the same as Router?????) ANyway...i've noticed many people are obviously having the same issue. I'm running Windows XP (upgraded from ME). Also, when I'm on my PC and have the ethernet caple plugged in and attempt to connect via the PS3...on my PC I get a warning message stating that there's a conflict with another source attempting to use the same IP Address. It does not kick me offline however from my PC. There's several things going on here.

Could I PLEASE ONLY HAVE RESPONSES WITH STEP _ BY STEP SOLUTIONS ONLY...

PLEASE NO COMMENTS ABOUT XBOX BEING BETTER FOR ONLINE PLAY.

The Setup:

PS3 --> ethernet cable --> Cable Modem -->usb cable -- PC

ISP provider Comcast Cable

Favorite Answer

go 2 setup and network settings on the PS3.

go 2 Internet connection settings.

do wireless or wires connection (depends how Ur connecting it).

Go 2 manual + type in all info needed.

Don't use proxy or UnpN(something like that)

then it should do it best of luck

• if you have a dynamic ip dont enter the IP that you see in your PC. You need to tell your PS3 to obtain a dymanic IP. An IP is used to identify your computer on a network. If you manually put one in that means you assigned the IP to that computer making it static. Now if you have two of the same static ips on your network there will be a collision. Unless you are a business you should have dynamic ips. Also if you dont have a router or your modem is not have the router built in then you will need a router to get both devices connected to your network.

Source(s): "Game On" Video Game Stores

You should try not entering it in manually. Let the PS3 do it for you. Internet connections>wired>easy>automatic.