Do you find it odd, that many Public Schools don't teach their student to sing the National Anthem ?

Or the Pledge of Alliance for that matter ??? Here in Manhattan, it's not "mandatory" for Public Schools anymore ! I frankly think, it's very stupid ! It is very important for children, to love their country and to be proud of it ! I mean, when I was a child, we had so much respect for our... show more Or the Pledge of Alliance for that matter ??? Here in Manhattan, it's not "mandatory" for Public Schools anymore !
I frankly think, it's very stupid !
It is very important for children, to love their country and to be proud of it ! I mean, when I was a child, we had so much respect for our country and no harm was done ! What is all this "freedom" all about ????
Update: But those parents, who disagree with the National Anthem, love "money" which clearly states: "In God we trust"....Go figure !!!