Do you find it odd, that many Public Schools don't teach their student to sing the National Anthem ?

Or the Pledge of Alliance for that matter ??? Here in Manhattan, it's not "mandatory" for Public Schools anymore !

I frankly think, it's very stupid !

It is very important for children, to love their country and to be proud of it ! I mean, when I was a child, we had so much respect for our country and no harm was done ! What is all this "freedom" all about ????

But those parents, who disagree with the National Anthem, love "money" which clearly states: "In God we trust"....Go figure !!!

• Paulus
    Favorite Answer

I think that is terrible. Why not just stop teaching American History? Our country was founded on the principles of faith in God. Just read our Constitution. If anyone doesn't like our country, they can leave anytime. Just don't let the door hit them in the @ss!!!!! I can guarantee for all the people who leave, many poor immigrants will gladly kiss the ground they walk on to take their places!!

Whoa! They don't anymore? A few years ago in high school, when I was in ROTC, if you didn't stand up for the pledge or the National Anthem, (if I can think correctly) you'd have to do BIG community service work, assigned by the ROTC instructors.

I think it is that seperation of church and state crap that worries a lot of people....I feel if a school wants to start/end each day with a prayer, a saying, a quote, or even sing In Gadda Da Vida, that should be that places choice, and if people dont like it, then get the hell out and go somewhere else!!!

PS....anybody know all the words to In A Gadda DaVida, long version please lol?

I say we go back go back to the old school ways. Let them sing their National Anthem, let them learn and understand respect for their country and their flag. Then start at the family level and become REAL familys again!!!!

It doesn't surprise me. The Government has been disappointing me a while now. FREEDOM is becoming more of a privilege than a RIGHT which is how it should be.

All these WIMPS wanting not to show our differences because it could offend someone. Man don't get me started anyway this is sad.

Source(s): 24/7

Nothing surprises me since they took prayer and Christmas out of school. If you don't want to pray just stand there silently. Some of the best times in school were the Christmas programs. So no not odd at all.

The Pledge of Allegiance is still said every morning at my sons' school....

And the National Anthem is still sung....

Say what they may I love living in the conservative South...

Peace.

Lets punish 500 kids because one kid's parents

does not want them to recite the pledge of alligence.

I agree with you.

• Jess

I agree 100%. It's ridiculous. People are so eager to be offended these days, they seem to look for any excuse. It's pretty sad.

anything with the word ''God' in it is now taboo when it comes to school