Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Where can I get video of martin luther king Jr's assassination?

Ive found a few videos with some pictures but no actual footage...not too be morbid or anything..just curious

Thanks,

Anthony

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't recall seeing video of Dr. King's assassination. It happened on his hotel balcony and people didn't just carry video cameras with them everywhere like they do now. I don't think that there is live footage like there was of the Kennedy assassination.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I returned to my desk from lunch, and a draftsman with a rather sick sense of humor said the President had been shot. After telling him that was pretty grotesque even for him he insisted it was true, so I called a special phone line the AP maintained for verifying news. A woman answered, and all she said was "It's true. He's dead." and hung up. It upset me, although I had not voted for him, since my job was a direct result of his creating the Apollo Project. My mother was in the State Dept in Iran, and was very involved in diplomatic fallout. The place was totally upset and basically closed down for a couple days. I think of it every time Caroline is in the news or some event occurs which ties in. Of course it was a conspiracy. I did not know about MLK's death until the next morning. I feared the whole nation would explode in a civil war My mother ignored it We had demonstrations and sit ins Occasionally think of it If you can call an executive action by the FBI a conspiracy, yes

• 1 decade ago

well here are some places i think may be of help to you , your local library may have it , or KCET.com or KOCE.com may have the tape available they had a documentary on about MLK so it would show the marches and also rare footage of him preaching in church befor the assasination . As well as interviews with friends, and family and those who marched in the marches with him, hope this helps. Happy MLK day to you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

King got whacked at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis.....The Commercial Appeal is the newspaper there and they would have still shots...remember this went down back in '68...not exactly the information superhighway back then and no news crews with running cameras hanging around "the 'hood" in those days...and read James Earl Ray's book and see if you think he did it or did J Edgar Hoover have King whacked?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to your nearest college library and ask to view the videos that they may have. I done this once while doing a research paper on the hollocaust.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.