Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Question about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Team In Training...?

I think about signing up for this for a run. The thing is though I am not sure if I will be able to raise the amount of money they are asking. Has anyone ever been involved with this organization and done this? I mean it seems like a great cause.

Favorite Answer

I went to a meeting and was told with big smiles "everyone" is able to raise the money but they weren't able to provide any info about what percentage of people actually drop out at the "recommitment" point (when you have to guarantee your minimum fundraising with a credit card #, in my case $2400 for a local marathon), or how much on average participants need to kick in of their own money to meet the minimum. They just said, don't worry we can help you!! This type of financial info should be legally required in my opinion. I'd be curious to hear responses from people who didn't raise the minimum - what were their experiences & pitfalls to avoid?

No I haven't but know people that have. Please do be part of a team. It can help so much.