Can I still file last year's taxes (2006) ?!?

Heres the situation... I'm 17 years old and I live with my grandfather who claims me. I didn't kno I could file my taxes last year (even tho he was claiming me) so I didn't. Now this year, I found out I can file even if I'm being claimed... So now I'm wondering if I can go back and file my taxes from 2006? - If so, what forms do I have to fill out? --- Or can I just do it online like I plan on doing with this years?!?

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Only the current year 2007 can be efiled.

    The forms are available for free at, just type 2006 in the search box.

    If you had less than $5150 in wages (and only wage income) you are eligible for a refund of taxes withheld on your 2006 w-2. While your taxes are late, there is no penalty on a refund. To get the refund, you must file by 4/15/2010.

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, you can file and you should file for 2006. Depending on your income, you should be able to get all withholdings back with the exception of the FICA tax.

    You need to go to and search for the 2006 tax forms and the website for you state and search for the same.

    If you are due a refund, you have up to three years to file for the refund.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You will have to file a paper return. If you have to file a 2007 return, send them in separate envelopes otherwise they may get stapled together.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.