promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Obama's Political Positions?

What do you know abt Obama's Political Positions?

Update:

one thing that is soooo funny to me, is that ppl are like making it a big deal that he is muslim, and criticizing,

yet they dont know, that im muslim,

lmfaoooo

wow,

its coo though,

i need more information abt him though,

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Akkita
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only what I have read at his website and from the local news channels comparison charts ......................

Foreign Affairs:

Supports more monitoring of nuclear technology to make sure it stays out of terrorist hands. Believes more needs to be done to stop conflict in Africa.

Homeland Security:

Wants Homeland Security money targeted more towards high-risk areas. Supports better protection for chemical plants. Wants more tracking of spent nuclear fuel so it doesn't end up in terrorist hands.

Immigration:

Supports a fence along Mexican border. Supports tougher laws to keep illegals from finding jobs. Supports granting citizenship to illegals already here as long as they pay fines and back taxes.

Economy:

Supports tax incentives to companies that keep jobs in the US. Believes NAFTA needs to be renegotiated to protect American economy.

Health:

Supports universal health care, and believes government should buy prescription drugs in bulk to reduce costs. Wants hospitals to be graded on performance and make a switch to cost-effective, computerized record-keeping.

Gun Control:

Supports bans on assault weapons and concealed weapons.

Same Sex Marriage:

Supports civil unions, but not same-sex marriage.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

He is reared and ready to change the direction that we as a nation are heading in. I am not just talking about the environment (which for some reason everyone says is just a liberal issue), I mean all of the issues that plague our nation as a whole today. Protecting our country from world threats, stabilizing and pushing our economy, cutting our reliance of foreign oil, and many more. The people who tell you he is just a liberal who will raise taxes, have not studied the facts. We have serious issues approaching us at an alarming rate. If we do not change our present course, than whether it be war, the economy, or the environment, we are looking down a dark dark road to come.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pro reproductive rights http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2007/12/21/sen-...

Strong stand on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and other foreign policy issues

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/foreignpolicy/#n...

Strong positions on energy and the environment, including support for higher CAFE standards.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/

A plan to address the epidemic of fatherless homes through the Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Families Act:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/family/

These and more are available for your review at www.barackobama.com.

• 1 decade ago

I know quite a bit about his political positions. They appear quite similarly to Sen. Clinton's in most respects.

He has a slightly different plan for universal health care, but I don't think that makes much difference, since the congress will surely chop up any plan before they pass it. He's in more of a hurry than she is, to remove our troops from Iraq. In his speeches, he tends to favor a foreign policy based more on negotation, while she emphasizes a "tough" approach, but I don't know if that will actually translate into a real difference. Both are committed to civil rights and women's rights. Both favor civil unions for gays, but not gay marriage. Both favor a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.

EDIT: Thanks VBONIC, great link!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Honestly I don't know anything about his Political Positions.

However, I can also say that about ALL the candidates. I have yet to hear one that has a thought or ideal and stick with it.

• 1 decade ago

If you were really interested you could find his website where everything is laid out. Hey, while your at it, google all the candidates and make an educated vote.

• 1 decade ago

Check out voting record...that's just the facts...and none of the junk from the media.

http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_...

• 1 decade ago

Far left winged liberal democrat, raise taxes, Muslim.

• 1 decade ago

His political positions are determined by the latest popular opinion poll.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Best place to see his positions is to visit his website at www.barackobama.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.