DJ
DJ asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Which cookware to buy?

After zillion commercials n reading reviews I still cannot make up my mind....agrrh

I dont like steel...because my expereince with it was BAD n I was using wolfgang puck's pan..

I like my circulon pan but after 2 years its worn out....n i had paid 29$ for an eight inch pan!

I am leaning towards rachael ray ...as I like the color, shapes, price and the review was descent...hmmm

And I have heard abt this new Todd English's Thermolon cookware...hmmm

How is your cookware experience...any suggestions?

My budget is at max 175$ for around a regualr cookware set 2 pot/2 pans.....

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I purchased the greenpans (todd English) from hsn and am really happy with them. They clean just like they show on tv. I made my Granddaughter a fried spaghetti pie in it ,it crisped nicely. Have used the skillets & griddle, am waiting for my saucepans to arrive. My set was well within you price range.

The best cook wear you can buy is copper as the heat is spread evenly through out the pan, so there would be no un even cooking. Although after everytime you cook you would need to clean it with a special cleaner so that you can get the black marks off.

I got a Sabatier set for christmas. It is the first nice set I have used. They conduct heat very fast and efficient. There are some suggestions in the booklet too on heat settings. They conduct heat so well, that you should use lower heat then the recipe requires. That is the only thing I had to get used to. Otherwise, they are amazing. I included a link to the set that I have. Hope it helped.

Mine is hard anodized Calphalon. Rachel Ray's might be good, but I don't know if you can get a set in the price range you're looking for. You may find some information out on the website cooksillustrated.com. They do alot of product testing and it is usually very informative.

I REALLY like all clad. Le Cruiset (sp?) is GREAT. Yes, it's very expensive, but you can find pieces of it at TJ Maxx or Marshalls or Home Goods and build your own set for what you'd pay for a Rachel Ray set at Dillards.

• autumn

I use the Emeril set & I love it. It's non-stick, cooks evenly, & cleans easily.

I Like the way Racheal Rays looks, too, and would bet the two are very similar

I have Revere Ware pots and love them. I still haven't found a pan I like, but haven't bought a Revere Ware one yet.

• jms043

I lean toward stainless steel myself, so you won`t go with my selection. If you don`t pre-judge things, try the thrift stores. I have found things there that are real bargains.

• Pagan

I use kitchenaid stainless steel ,best investment I ever made