What is the polite way to get out of eating a HUGE portion of a disgusting dish?

My Mother-in-law is a great cook, but on Saturday she made this really disgusting Ghanian side dish called "fufu". For those who haven't had it, it looks like raw bread dough, it's very moist and mushy and it tastes like raw potatos. You're supposed to eat it with soup. She gave me a huge... show more My Mother-in-law is a great cook, but on Saturday she made this really disgusting Ghanian side dish called "fufu". For those who haven't had it, it looks like raw bread dough, it's very moist and mushy and it tastes like raw potatos. You're supposed to eat it with soup.

She gave me a huge helping of it in a bowl. There was no napkin to spit it out in, no nearby trashcan, no dog I could slip it too.

I tried to give it to my wife, but she didn't want it. Neither did our daughter. What would have been the polite way to get out the situation