Kyle asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Cold war A-Z they can be events, terms, whatever as long as it represents the Cold War?

I would appreciate any and all help you can give me, because this is a high school assignment that will either save my grade or destroy it because i'm on the very edge. If you can find a website, or just know 26 things with different letters about the Cold War anything would be appreciated as long as its not b.s.

Thanks

Update:

I know what the cold war is obviously but i need something to represent the letter A, B, C, D, etc. The hardest which would be most appreciated are Q, Y, Z, W

Update 2:

wow thats above and beyond thanks a lot as soon as I can youll be best answer

7 Answers

Relevance
  • xo379
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You can google the terms if you don't know what they are...you can probably go to "edit" and "find in this page" and type it in to find it in the document (either of the Wikipedia sites below.)

A--Arms race

B--Berlin Wall; Bandung Conference; Bolsheviks

C--Containment of Communism; Cuban Missile Crisis; Central Intelligence Agency (CIA); Cuban Revolution; Communist Party

D--Department of Defense; Dwight D. Eisenhower

E--Enver Hoxha (declared the People's Republic of Albania, with himself as Prime Minister, in 1946); European Coal and Steel Community (formed by the Treaty of Paris)

F--Fidel Castro

G--German Democratic Republic; glasnost (one of Gorbachev's reform programs); Geneva Accords

H--Hydrogen bomb (the Soviets developed it in 1957); Henry Kissinger; Helsinki Accords

I--Iron Curtain

J--JCS 1067 (Morgenthau Plan); Joseph Stalin; John Foster Dulles (Eisenhower's secretary of state); John F. Kennedy

K--Kuomintang of China

L--Lyndon B. Johnson; Long Telegram

M-Mikhail Gorbachev; Marshall Plan; Mao's Red Army; Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact

N--Nuclear arms race; National Security Act of 1947; North Atlantic Treaty of 1949; NSC-68 (secret 1950 document); Nikita Khrushchev (took over when Stalin died); NATO

O--Operation Power Pack; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC); Operation Ivy (when the U.S. detonated its first hydrogen bomb); Operation Hurricane (when the U.K. tested its first h-bomb)

P--Potsdam Conference; perestroika (another of Gorbachev's reform programs)

Q--Quemoy (China bombed it, which started the Second Taiwan Strait Crisis); Quarantine (a naval blockade of Cuba; ordered by Kennedy)

R--Ronald Reagen; Richard Nixon; Russian Revolution

S--Space Race; Soviet Union

T--Truman Doctrine; Treaty of Paris

U--United Nations

V--Viet Minh communists

W--Winston Churchill; Warsaw Pact; White Army

X--

Y--Yalta Conference

Z--Nikolaos Zachariadis (leader of the Communist Party of Greece) (Maybe you could just use his last name...?)

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

• fertig
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Cold War Terms

• moen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Cold War Vocab

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tim W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Nice one Ms 379!

For X I'd suggest the X-planes, these were US experimental aircraft. The Bell X1 was the first plane to exceed the speed of sound in level flight and led to the design of supersonic jet fighters that were the mainstay of Warsaw Pact and NATO airforces in the Cold War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-plane_%28aircraft%2...

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

It takes eight seconds for Y.A. webpage to open for me to be able to click on [add your answer] box. does this mean my computer is slow??

• 1 decade ago

well the cold war wasn't really a war. It was many hot and cold tensions between the united states and the soviet union. causes of cold war include - US and Soviet clashed over the postwar administration of Poland, Stailin pledges to ensure the survival of the Soviet system while Churchill urges the West to oppose it ... the effects of the cold war - US adopts a policy to "contain" communism, Truman Doctrine offers US aid to countries opposing communism, NATO and Warsaw Pact are formed, Fear of communism at home leads to a climate of suspicion in American culture... haha it's funny ur in high school and i'm in 8th grade... don't u feel kind of stupid??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.