Age difference relationship advice please?

Age difference relationship advice please? My friend, bartends at a “dive” bar where we live. I go there when I am bored, and see her. If my friend didn’t work there I wouldn’t normally go there. Over time I have been getting to know some of the regular customers. I meet this man “David” who is best friends with... show more Age difference relationship advice please?
My friend, bartends at a “dive” bar where we live. I go there when I am bored, and see her. If my friend didn’t work there I wouldn’t normally go there. Over time I have been getting to know some of the regular customers.
I meet this man “David” who is best friends with the owner. David is 59, a retired teacher, with his master’s degree. I am 26, a medical assistant, also in school for my BSN in nursing.
His wife passed away from a very complicated 2 year ordeal with open heart surgery about 8 months ago. He loved his wife very much; they were married for 30 years. About a month after the funeral, we started talking more often, and making plans to meet up. Everyone was trying to be there a little more for him. I know that it helped him, having us all there.
I personally enjoy his company and the times we have, I like getting his view on things. Having him in my life has really done a world of things for me, we have fun together to.
He has come to me and told me that he has very strong feelings, much more then a friend, and wants more of a relationship. He means the world to me, the age difference is so big, and I think it would just be a bad thing. I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation, and if they have any advice? I don’t want to lose him as a friend. I just can’t see it working out for very long. I really want to do the right thing.