Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysValentine's Day · 1 decade ago

Isn't what we did in Grade school on Valentine's Day sometimes more fun than now?

Actually, my fondest memories of Valantine's Day is in grade school where we made those little custom mailboxes out of foil and construction paper, then gave and recieved sweet smelling valentines from everyone. I could always tell who cared the most, just by the subtlety of what they wrote in the greetings.

Maybe they should force everyone to do the same thing nowadays in college and in the workplace....

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Those are wonderful memories. Seems like the kids know how to celebrate the holidays more than adults.

l also have fond memories of those Valentine cards. So cute.

a million) Are you bored? You guess. i'm even bored of WoW. 2)what's your cutting-edge temper? could desire to bored bypass as an emotion? i assume hungry, annoying, and usually blah. 3)Are you mad at everyone appropriate now? somewhat yet no longer probably mad, merely aggravated. 4)what's it like being you? Exasperating. 5)What grade are you in? i'm in my 2nd twelve months of faculty. it is not probably a grade. 6)have you ever seen the coach howdy Arnold? =p I omit howdy Arnold! 7)Do you have any pets? I merely offered a Leopard Gecko on the instant! i'm excited yet he's slightly of a brat. And my relatives has a canines and a cat. 8)what's your famous variety of cookie? Chocolate chip or sugar. 9)what's the sum of the month and day you have been born? 29 10)Do you hate trolls on YA's? You guess. 11)What do you think of with regard to the colour blue? it is incredible. -The word that is composed of strategies as quickly as I say: balloon- climate and mylar. apricot- scrumptious lamb- BAAAAAA! airplane- i like airplane shuttle. i could desire to circulate someplace quickly. i haven't had a holiday in 2 years. amazing- My honest woman ghost- SciFi Channel. Firefly marathon on the instant! chocolate- Mmmmmmmm humorous- relatives guy. coronary heart- cardiovascular affliction

• VAgirl

I loved that! My little one does card exchange at day care and we picked out his cards this weekend. I can't wait till they make thier little mailboxes and have their party at day care. No pressure-they just give everyone a card and everyone gives them a card, too little to not like someone or think of "did they give me a card last year". And any day that involves cupcakes for your snack can't be bad. Maybe workplaces should start that policy. The monthly snack time party-everyone meets at 10 and has cupcakes and juice while the boss reads a story to you. I bet a lot of folks would feel better after that. Hard to think of how much of a pain your co-workers are if they give you a cupcake once in a while.

Those were the days! I love the fact that my kids still do those things today! Being that I'm the "room mother" for my sons class I get to plan the party! Yay !

Yes it would be nice to do that again; make custom mailboxes that we sit on our porches and then wait for people to come and put in homemade valentines.

god bless you dear, it was nice and you did find out who cared for you, right? Ray in Monterey