Paint swirl marks remover?

Does anybody know of a good product that removes the paint swirls from a car? I have a lot of swirl marks mainly on my hood due to alot of washing and cats jumping on top of my car. I need a product that can remove them not "cover" them. I heard that Meguiar's ScratchX and Wax was good. Has anybody used these products or know of any better ones? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

U can put sum heavy duty wax on like nu finish in the orange bottle an get a small buffer and buff that wax on or you could take it your local car wash and detail center that does Hand Washing or what ever and tell them you want a Polish Buff it should run you about 100-300 all depends if you get me a Pic i can tell you how bad it is an how much they'd charge

Source(s): Im a head detailer at a local car wash ( Rags Wash N Detail)

Redrepair, why do you say buffing is not done anymore? Most body shops still "cut" and buff to get out the inevitable dirt that gets in the paint, clearcoat or not. Urethane clearcoats are a lot tougher than the old enamels and lacquers of 30 years ago. And I'll guarantee you that most used-car lots routinely buff cars to ready them for sale to get the paint slick and glossy. A good detail shop should be able to remove this damage. I have no idea what the cost would be. I agree that Griot's would be a good source, although it's a little on the expensive side. I've had great results with Meguiar's products, particularly the high-end stuff, in hiding swirl marks. Generally, buffing puts in the swirl marks and a glaze (3M makes good products; check at an auto parts store that supplies body shops) will fill in these scratches and provide the shine. The wax provides the protection. But I've even had good results with Meguiar's Gold Class one-step cleaner/wax in hiding swirl marks on a black truck. Just expect to have to redo it in three months.

There are various products labeled for paint swirls. Unless you are an expert with a power buffer, even the orbital buffers, you may only magnify the problem.

Take the vehicle to a professional body shop, show them the problem, and ask if they have someone who can remedy the matter, and ask how much it will cost. You may want to get a few price estimates. Most auto dealerships have a body shop with personnel who can solve your problem.

• rotus

No matter what product you buy to remove the swirls, chances are your arm will give out before the swirls are actually removed. You should get a good random orbit buffer/polisher to do the grunt work for you. Porter Cable makes a very good basic one.

• cimra

Autopedia has a full range of products to remove swirls. Check their how to section for directions.

youve a few choises..i use T-CUT,or if there a little deeper scratches then i use and abrasive RUBBING COMPOUND,followed by T-CUT then a good wax...even after i buff a car i ALWAYS finnish it by hand,,,