If Shaving Pubic Hair is soooo Hygienic....?

why is it that my gynecologist says that it is actually a lot healthier to have pubic hair. She told me that hair keeps the bacteria out. I also tried going bare and noticed that I sweat even more, am more likely to get razor bumps and I noticed that my normal smell was stronger. i am not saying that people who... show more why is it that my gynecologist says that it is actually a lot healthier to have pubic hair. She told me that hair keeps the bacteria out. I also tried going bare and noticed that I sweat even more, am more likely to get razor bumps and I noticed that my normal smell was stronger. i am not saying that people who shave their private areas are gross anything, I am just curious as to why the number one reason people say they do it is hygiene and that if you don't you're gross. Other than that, when I didn't shave I didn't have as strong of and odor and did not sweat so much. Someone, please give me an unbiased HONEST answer as to why shaving is more hygienic even if a gyno says its not.
11 answers 11