Poem for Daughter from father?

My mom is getting married this next weekend. I know she's a little upset her dad can't be there. He passed away after a long hard fight in 2002. Does anyone know of any father daughter wedding poems or something I may be able to read because he is not there to do it?

• Rosie
    Favorite Answer

This is what my Dad wrote me on my Wedding Day.....

Today I am being asked to give you away but I never owned you.

Today I am asked to set you free from me but your Freedom you were born with.

I have given you a lot and I'v not given you alot. I hope you understand.

So while I am giving you away here are some more gifts:

All the comfort and protection I am capable of whether I am in this body or not

My very best wishes for your personnel fulfillment

A sparkle on the water, a song from a bird, a soft breeze on your face, some star-shine and some moon-glow. These aren't mine to give but neither are you.

It makes me cry every time I ready it.I think it pretty well sums up how a Father feels when giving away his daughter. Feel free to use any part you like. God Bless!

• harli

Father Daughter Poems

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Poem for Daughter from father?

Source(s): poem daughter father: https://shortly.im/fa9tN

Wow at first I was for this then I read the very first one I googled and I think it might be a bit much if you did this... Having you read to her and all the eyes on her and the feelings she'd have I don't know how easy you can bring back to a happy fun reception, you know what I mean? You could print it real pretty and give it to her as a gift, writing on the card you wanted to read this to her at the reception but thought it better a gift?

Anyway if you were wondering what I read that changed my mind...

My daddy was my hero

For my very youngest years;

Daddy kept me safe and happy,

And he chased away my fears.

I watched in awe and wonder

At each manly thing he did;

Oh, I looked up to my daddy,

When I was a little kid.

My dad was still my hero,

As the years passed, one by one.

He taught important lessons,

And he took some time for fun.

He was my firm foundation;

On my dad I did depend;

He was always there for me,

My dad, my guide, my friend.

My father is my hero,

Now that I am fully grown.

I love him and respect him,

The best man I've ever known.

I knew when I would marry

That my husband had to be

A great man, just like my father,

Dad, my hero you'll always be.

By Joanna Fuchs

Maybe father /daughter poem would be a bit much for her- what if you wrote her a daughter to mother poem saying that you know he is with her and you stand there your not only you but him too........

Or do the lyrics from a favorite song they shared, or a song that YOU think would fit them perfectly like " Dance with my father" and frame it....

go on line and look. There has got to be a web site for poems. You know, something like poems.com. Good luck with that. I thought I had answer for you but, I really don't remember. Sorry.

Maybe you can write something for her, words you think your grandfather would've said to her on her wedding day. Or write something about how you feel about him not being there, and your feelings on her getting married. You could also ask the officiant to have a moment in silence in his memory - that's what we did when I got married and my mother in law was gone.