Kroger Co. question?

I am in high school and have been employed by a Kroger Co. store for about 6 months. Dillons was the store. i was a bagger but then promoted to cashier. I have found this store to be corrupt and not respectable at all. the manager will pick her favorite employees to supervise and get raises. she wont listen to anyone but these few people. and these people are on a complete power trip. also, 2 people will get hired with the same experience, and age and will be paid completely different for the same job. the manager will also give raises to people who just started working there. it is the most corrupt place i have ever been. does anyone else have a story like this? this was my first job, are most jobs like this? is it worth the fight to tell people about this? i have thought about writing in to the paper to put in the letter to the editor section.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • michr
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you are in for a rude awakening

mangers are people who have personalities that some get along with and some don't. you may work with a less then effective manager but charging corruption is something you need to be careful of. if you feel you have a complaint the company has a process to be followed to make that complaint. you can not be terminated or reprimanded for filing a complaint. if you decide to put charges in writing and pass them on you better have facts and evidence or you are the one who will pay the price. contact the mangers supervisor or your HR department and file your complaint.

then you need to do your job to the best of your abilities.

after you file your complaint if you are treated unfairly, disciplined for filing a complaint or terminated then you contact your local department of labor.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good for you!

You know at an early age how life "on the clock" is.

Study hard and you can be your own boss, as this is the only

way to avoid the type of frustration you have experienced

thus far.

• 1 decade ago

You should check your company manual to find out if the manager has such wide discretion. Probably she is required to follow company guidelines.

You could complain to the corporate headquarters. If you still work there you will probably loose your job. But if you don't care about that, then she might be held accoutable to her supervisors.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Welcome to the real world. yes- all big corp[s share this problem. Every boss has their pets that go to them and tell lies and thats who they believe. And those pets can do no wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • wizjp
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

welcome to retail employment

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.