Was the CIA guilty of incompetence in 1963?

Recent wisdm among journalists today is that the Kennedy assasination was not a conspiracy. It is said that both Oswald and Ruby just wanted to make names for themselves. But this doesn't explain everything. I don't know what kind of responsibilities the secret service has. So I went to the government catagory as maybe the most relevant.

Oswald was a man that had temporarily defected to the Soviet Union. He had been interviewed on TV sympathizing with communism. What is more, he had been passing out pro Castro literature on the streets of Dallas. Now we know that Kennedy and Castro wanted to see each other dead.

We've always been pre-occupied with conspiracy or not. But was it incmpetance on the part of the CIA that this guy was paid no never mind when the president passed by his place of employment?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oswald was a CIA operative. The defection was so that he could live covertly in Russia. He was re-admitted to the US after wards and greeted with open arms. That should tell everyone something. Especially back then with the Stigma of Communism. Obviously our Government approved.

JFK was assassinated by members of our own government and trained assassins.

Edit: I studied and read everything from both sides for years. More books than I can even count. And if there is one thing I am sure of, its that oswald did not assassinate him. There was even a recent re-investigation (I'm trying to find the link) that came up with a "shooter on the Grassy Knoll" conclusion as well. It is now beleived he was a reknowned French Assassin. If you watch the old NBC news video from 1963 of Airforce One taking off you can also see a military helicopter in the background. When the body was on the plane, everyone except two Agents werre in the Front swearing in LBJ, the body was transferred to a body bag. When it landed the body was taken out the back, the coffin out the front. The Ambulance went slowely and carefully to Bethesday naval Hospital, while the Helicopter flew to Walter Reed Army. An unofficial Autopsy was done one the President, where his brain was removed and replaced. the body was wrapped in a sheet and place in an old bronze coffin with a broken handle. The Coffin from Dallas was a brand new Silver casket.

At the official Autopsy the Doctor stated that there was already a "Y" incision and that no incisions to seperate the Brain (such as Optic Nerves etc,) had to be made, the brain simply "Came out" The x-ray technician also said something strange that night, he was heading up stairs to develop the x-rays of the President and as he walked by the lobby, Jackie Kenendy and the Ambulance pulled up out front. How could The tech have the x-rays if the president was just arriving.

At the Autopsy (I've compared the Photos from Dallas and Bethesday and they are completely different) In Dallas, as a nurse described it, she couldn't tell he was even wonded because it was a small hole just in the hairline as an entry wound and the exit wound (piece missing) was on the back lower portion behind the right ear, when he was laying down you couldn't tell he was shot. The next wound was altered as well. Then in the Bethesday autopsy, his skull and head jsut "fell apart" during the autopsy. It doesn't maek sense, nor does the prsitine bullet, that supposedly traveled through Gov Connely and the Presdient and yet remained undamaged.

p.s. the Gun recovered, at the Book Depository wasn't even the same model that Oswald supposedly ordered from the catalog that they linked him to it with, and like someone else mentioned it had a bent sight.

• Sean
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Recent wisdom . . . OH PLEASE! Oswald was a patsy. Ruby was another patsy. Oswald was not an excellent marksman and the rifle he allegedly used had a bent sight that had to be re-adjusted by investigators in order to hit anything. The "magic bullet" theory pretty much explodes the lone gunman theory. There is NO WAY that the damage that this slug was alleged to have caused could have showed up on a gurney in pristine condition. There were more fragments in the governor than were missing from it. The CIA, if anything, was not guilty of incompetence, but rather impeccable planning.

• 1 decade ago

No, even JFK knew that if someone really wanted to kill a President it could be done. I think now its hard to do something like that putting your guard down doesn't help.

I am glad to see someone say that there wasn't a conspiracy. I too believe that Oswald did it by himself.

Oswald tried to kill a anti-Castro congressman a week before and missed at a closer range, he tried to shoot this guy through a window and hit the frame. If he was caught then JFK would of been an elder statesman and thee world would of been very different.

People saw Oswald carry curtain rods on the bus, employees saw that too. His co-workers knew Oswald was on the 7th floor getting a coke. People saw the rifle sticking out of the window and thought it was to guard the President.

Oswald was a jealous man that wanted fame and hated America for picking on a small communist nation, these two combos led to the killing of a President.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if kennedy had been a republican do you think there would have been a conspiracy? the physical evidence points to a lone shooter. oswald was an EXCELLENT marksman and more than capable off making his shot. he was simply at the right place at the right time. the reason for the conspiracy build up was that kennedy has been created as a civil rights legend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good point but What he was doing was not illegal and there was many like him doing the same thing And there was no indication that one of them would pull a stunt like that! You can't blame the CIA for not seeing into the future. They couldn't predict Ted Kennedy would kill a girl and her baby after knocking her up and get away with it because he is a Kennedy .The CIA are not magic they can not see into the future

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You haven't said anything that wasn't known the day Kennedy was shot. It's all been investigated to death. The Secret Service agent who was immediately behind the presidents limo blamed himself for years for not doing more to protect the president. It wasn't his fault. The agents who are to blame are the ones who failed to secure the book depository building; not because Oswald worked there but because common sense should have told them to secure any potential threat or threatening location.

• 1 decade ago

i remember the exact time this happened, it worked just as planned , there were people on the ground that also fired some of the shots also. this was the only way johnson could become president and he did, if you will really study the evidence. the head of kennedy disappeard bofore it could be thoroughly examined, if you really want some true answers please check this all out for sure. good luck if you really check this out that was the same time we switched to the sa ndwich coin, we droped the true silver coin

• 1 decade ago

the fact is in that situation, driving a long distance on public street, there is simply on way to check every employee on every floor of every building.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Doubtlessly--Bush the father was head of it! I think he was getting senile even then.

• npk
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not the CIA; the FBI.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.