Are all stroes closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day?

Are all of the stores going to be closed? Are department stores going to be closed? Is Claire's going to be closed?!

Thanks to all that helped!!! =]]

Favorite Answer

Not where I live. Stores usually have huge sales on the minor holidays but I have never seen a MLK Jr Day sale anywhere. Yes the malls will be open.

Banks, libraries and other federal buildings are closed. It may have changed, but when I was in public school not terribly long ago, we didn't have that day off but we had every other holiday and non-holiday off. Usually it's listed in the newspaper what is open and what isn't.

No probably just federal offices. Schools are definitely closed.

No,only schools and governement agencies.