is it safe to have bleaches, facials and waxing during pregnancy????

Favorite Answer

My doctor told me all of them are fine.

There does not appear to be any evidence to show that waxing is unsafe in pregnancy and many women continue their usual regular waxing programme.

Facial – It is usually safe to get a facial during pregnancy. Just be sure you let your technician know you are pregnant, especially if you are not showing. Your skin may be more sensitive while pregnant.

Bleach– if you regularly bleach hair on your body, you may want to stop during pregnancy. At this time, while there isn’t any hard evidence suggesting use of bleach or bleach related products may cause birth defects, there are also no studies confirming its safety.

hope this helps

• Judith

The basic rule for using pretty much anything during pregnancy is to only do it if the potential benefits outweigh the risk. I am unsure of the risks of using bleach, however I do know that chemicals are absorbed through the skin and passed on to the baby. I believe pure lemon juice and sun can be used to get the same effects as bleach, without the harmful chemicals.

Waxing and facials are fine...I'd double check on the bleaching with your OB.

facials and waxing yes...what are you bleaching? its more then likely safe...as long as the fumes arent too harsh

bleaches n facial u can bt not waxing

don't wax until you get into 2nd trimester cos you don't want to miscarry, facials are fine but im not too sure about bleaching, you might want to research that one out for yourself

No. Some ingredients can absorbed and cause birth defects one common component is tretoin or retonic acid which is teratogenic. Why take the risk? Go for a mild soap,

All three are perfectly fine. Check any pregnancy book or website and they will tell you the same.

NO! speak with your OB/GYN they will let you know what things are off limits. No hair coloring nothing chemical. Be au natural for a while.