Can a person ever really heal from being a Jehovah's Witness?

Having been raised a JW, I thought at times it was the answer to all problems. Other times common sense took over because a child shouldn't have to sit through hours of indoctrination several times a week. If it were a musical instrument or something fruitful, like how to correctly raise a family; then, I... show more Having been raised a JW, I thought at times it was the answer to all problems. Other times common sense took over because a child shouldn't have to sit through hours of indoctrination several times a week. If it were a musical instrument or something fruitful, like how to correctly raise a family; then, I wouldn't have to be a security guard or divorced now.
After formally leaving, I joined the military and am now in the Army Reserves. But was that enough for me to recover from being exposed to the self-righteous community claiming to be the only ones allowed into heaven? Does it matter that I've successfully battled depression? Will I ever be able to heal the wounds of the little boy and young man who endured "outsider" status?
Still, I ask, when will the rest of them wake up? Tomorrow I will begin infiltrating a local congregation and hope to make little changes in at least one person. Will my efforts pay off?
Is it normal to want to rescue them, to help them begin healing?