General discharge under honorable condition...?

I separated Navy around two years ago with general discharge under honorable conditions. It was mental disorder (mental depression). Now I have a master's degree in Mechanical engineering (University of Maryland, College Park) and I will have couple interviews, especially government related jobs, including... show more I separated Navy around two years ago with general discharge under honorable conditions. It was mental disorder (mental depression). Now I have a master's degree in Mechanical engineering (University of Maryland, College Park) and
I will have couple interviews, especially government related jobs, including Naval Surface Warfare Center, Army research center, etc.
Is this type of discharge really negative effect on getting these kinds of job?

In advance, any comment will be greatly appreciated.
Update: I joined Navy because of financial difficulty and I really wanted to go to Dental school. My plan was to complete pre-requisite courses for dental school while serving in Navy. I studied really hard when I was in Navy's dental technician school and I awarded Academy Excellence something (I do not remember it... show more I joined Navy because of financial difficulty and I really wanted to go to Dental school. My plan was to complete pre-requisite courses for dental school while serving in Navy. I studied really hard when I was in Navy's dental technician school and I awarded Academy Excellence something (I do not remember it correctly) when I graduated from technician school because instructors in that school told me I can choose my duty station if my grade is good. But my duty station was in Japan (Navy sent me there since I don't have any dependent) and some stupid sailors in that school who have dependents could stay here. Of course they couldn't choose their duty station, either. I realized my recruiter cheated me and I was accepted from graduate school because of 'early separation for further eduation', but it was rejected. That is why I was so depressed. That is my story.
Well, what can I do? I know 'Everything I did is my responsibility.'