Anya
Anya asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

What name do I sound like?

Sorry...this is kinda like a steal off another question, but I couldn't resist the fun ;).

- musically inclined (I'm a piano major in a conservatory, and i also play 3 other instruments, compose and sing)

- music nerd (LOL!)

- likes the stage (is why I'm a performance major)

- quiet

- not a social butterfly

- sweet (a lot of my friends describe me like that when I ask them)

- smiley

- do relatively well in school

- very giving (people like to exploit me because of that, not that I mind though)

- sensitive (over-sensitive at times)

- emotional

- religious (but not overly so)

- affectionate

- sympathetic

- caring

- likes freedom

- optimistic

- will really fight for what I want

- girly

- shopaholic

- loves trying new stuff (EXcluding illegal drugs)

- loves baking but not cooking

You don't have to include all the characteristics (that's pretty darn impossible) but pick something which describes me most :)

I'm 18 this year...by the way.

and I'm quite shy around new people :p

Lol i'm trying to give myself a name that'd be more easily pronounced when I go overseas for studies (I'm Chinese so I don't have an 'english' name). But I also don't want it to be overly 'Chinese-sy' or 'asian-ey' at the same time.

Yup my name's Yinghan. I spell it separate though - Ying Han. The most common mispronunciation I get from non-Chinese is Ying HEN (yes the animal)...I can see why it's so, but it isn't funny after a while :S.

We won't need to have english names if we're studying locally, but once we go to 'western' countries and most of our professors are westerners, it only gives them (and us) a headache to say our names properly. Anyway, my name means 'clever/smart/bright' and 'cultivated (as in, with proper manners, educated and don't get angry easily)'.

JoniCari...yes! that's my Chinese name :D

Favorite Answer

what about Yvette? Yvonne?

Hannah? Harriet? I like Harriet personally, it is very classic

Clara, Claire for the meaning clever

by the way, is your Chinese name "颖涵"?

as I'm a Cantonese, friends with 颖(we pronounce wing) usually have names like Winnie, Wing, Irene, or something with a "rin" sound

so, maybe you can choose Catherine, Carina, Winnifred

You sound like a Stephanie, Katie, Laura, Marissa, Sarah or Hannah.

Sorry the list has a lot of names but as I kept reading through your list new names popped into my head.

But is your name Yinghan??

EDIT: Oh ok so your YING HAN. Cool. :)

Now that I know that for some reason the name Julie comes into mind. So I guess Julie is another one of my choices for you.

You seem really nice though and I'm sure you'd be a great girl to hang with. :D

Thanks for the 2 points also!

Roxy Angel

xx

I don't see why all the Chinese people should have an English name. I just find this so puzzling.

Chinese names sound nice. I do not think you need to westernise your name.

What does Ying Han mean in Mandarin? That might help in choosing something.

PS okay, here is my effort : MELODY

That is the most musical name I know. I think it would suit you.

CLARINE :means brilliant or smart.

http://www.babynamer.com/Clarine

I thought Serafina before I got to the end but Sarah would probably suit your purpose better. It's pretty, feminine and sweet yet reminds me of Sarah Bernhardt the stage actress so artsy as well.

Shyla Georgina

Teresa

Allison

Andrea

Karin

Hillary

hmm first thing that popped into my mind int he first 3 lines was Mary but then ir ead on and got Emma, read on some more then i got Sarah and then went back to Emma. so i think you could be like and Emma. all those names are like "smooth" names /// sweet names. lol. but hte emma name represents the strong side i think of u and the name itself

well i hope this helps~

Emily

You sound like a Crystal, Katie, or Sasha for some reason to me lol. When I read the list tthese names popped in my head!

Sarah, Elizabeth, or Katherine

Definitely something "old-fashioned" and classy, I think.