Are there any deleterious effects to covering oneself in duct tape?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

While it will be painful and you do risk losing hair/skin in the process. You are also cutting off oxygen to your skin's pores and preventing things like sweat from having an escape route. Covering your body's pores can be extremely negative-- the original Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz was made severely ill (he may have died, I'm not sure if that's urban legend or not) from the paint they used to make him silver covering his pores. Plus you may also be allergic to the glue and it would not be an easy to remove thing (usually perfume, lotion or other things you may have an allergy to that would be put on your skin can be easily washed off but duct tape is much harder to remove).

PS- why would you want to do that?

• 4 years ago

Duct Tape Skin Irritation

• rosieC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1) skin irritation

2) allergic reaction if there is

3) sticky adhesive residue is hard to remove

4) wouldn't allow the skin to breathe; thus moisture is cut off

5) would cut off circulation if applied too tight and for prolonged periods.

6 ) Otherwise, it does make for a very good secure; strong adhesive bonding .

• 1 decade ago

i believe you can remove warts, not completely sure but i think i saw this on one of those news shows with info at the bottom, this could be a great one for mythbusters

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

dont ask me how i know but it'll tear your skin off, like no more epidermis...ouch...and i'm sure the chemicals inthe adhesive arent that great for you either...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pain from when you attempt to take it off.

• 5 years ago

It hurts when it comes off.

• Emmers
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

severe bodily hairloss lmao (when removing)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.