Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians: Is Jesus Christ, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit?

I ask because in Matthew 28:29 Jesus says to go make everybdy in the wold his disciples and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit but in Acts 2:38 Peter says to repent, turn away from sins, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. Was Peter in error in doing that? Also is Jesus in the Godhead or is the Godhead in Jesus? I apologize if I didn't do such a great job in qouting scriptures in the exact word for word context but I did it the way I memorized it lol.

Best Answer

I think they are both basically saying the same thing. And no I don't think Peter was wrong. I have never heard the term Godhead. But I learned God is the Father, and Jesus is his son. We pray to God through his son Jesus. You are doing a great job. ;)

God is a triune being. HE is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

John 1 says, In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This verse says Jesus is the Word made flesh. SO, if the Word WAS God, and Jesus is the Word made flesh, then Jesus is God in the flesh. Yet, Jesus is also a seperate entity. He tells his disciples that He only does what He sees the Father do. 2 beings. Later Jesus says He will send a comforter which is the Holy Spirit. Being 3. I don't know what scripture backs this up, but I know it's in there.

I don't know of any religion that simply baptizes in just the name of Jesus. Even the Catholic Church, which was started by Peter, baptizes in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I hope this helped you. It's as straight an answer as I can give, backed up by scriptures.

Yes, he is. The trinity is a myth. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt bodily in Jesus Christ. Peter was dead on right. Acts 2:38 was the fulfillment of Matt 28:19. He used the NAME, not he titles.

Source(s): sa
  • Jen

The Godhead 3 in 1, Father, Spirit, Son...

No. The bible says there is 3 and yet one.

The father

The Son

The Holy Spirit

In Genesis... Let US make man in OUR image...

The Jesus is all three business is some junk called the oneness movement nothing new Been around for a while...

Also If the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a 'side' of Jesus... how do you 'grieve' or blaspheme a personality trait?

Source(s): Check this link for the same topic with a twist http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200801...

The Trinity is a difficult concept to grasp. One way I have explained it is to look at an egg. The egg is made up of three parts: white, yolk, and shell. But it's all egg. If I separate them out, they're still egg. If I crush the egg and mix it all together, it's still egg.

The Godhead is the Trinity - three in one.

The verse in Acts is "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins." Peter was not in error. The most important part of repentance is accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Source(s): Christian Youth Pastor
  • Mosa A

No Jesus is One with the Father and the Holy Spirit

but he is the Son of God

19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

He said in the Name not Names

That mean God is One

Jesus is the Son .

Jesus said this:

John 10:30 (New International Version)

30I and the Father are one."

Peter simply comfirmed God's power in men-the power of the Holy Spirit

Acknowledging the Father above all, God in the flesh, & the source of God's power.

some roman men decided that it would be so, just like they decided that a pope chosen by men would be gods Representative on earth. Yeshua/Jesus was a Jewish mystic and had received the knowledge and truth, healing abilities, and a message of love to pass on. Peter was closer to the truth then Matthew.

Source(s): myself

No lets reason on this: heres what the bible says

The person who became known as Jesus Christ did not begin life here on earth. He himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life. (Joh 3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: “In the beginning the Word [Gr., Lo′gos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [“was divine,” AT; Mo; or “of divine being,” Böhmer; Stage (both German)]. This one was in the beginning with God.” Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from “the beginning” must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son.

That Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57.

If the estimates of modern-day scientists as to the age of the physical universe are anywhere near correct, Jesus’ existence as a spirit creature began thousands of millions of years prior to the creation of the first human. (Compare Mic 5:2.) This firstborn spirit Son was used by his Father in the creation of all other things. (Joh 1:3; Col 1:16, 17) This would include the millions of other spirit sons of Jehovah God’s heavenly family (Da 7:9, 10; Re 5:11), as well as the physical universe and the creatures originally produced within it. Logically, it was to this firstborn Son that Jehovah said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” (Ge 1:26) All these other created things were not only created “through him” but also “for him,” as God’s Firstborn and the “heir of all things.”—Col 1:16; Heb 1:2.

Source(s): in your quest for accurate knowledge make sure of all things