Why do Orthodox Jewish women shave their heads?

I know that this is not practiced by all orthodox jews. It's only in a small group (Hasidic Jews). But why do women shave their heads and wear a wig after? I have read that it is a matter of modesty, but I don't understand the link. Muslim women cover their hair to avoid sexual attention from other men... show more I know that this is not practiced by all orthodox jews. It's only in a small group (Hasidic Jews). But why do women shave their heads and wear a wig after? I have read that it is a matter of modesty, but I don't understand the link.
Muslim women cover their hair to avoid sexual attention from other men and show their hair only to their husbands. I don't understand why a woman would be bald for her husband and wear a wig outside.
I am not trying to offend anybody, I'm just interested in learning the reasons behind certain traditions.