Do you think i have a chance to join my high school football team?

Well im 6'0 ft 265 pounds. And can sprint fast but cant go really fast constently but can still play hard. Also i am kinda strong, bench press 380 pounds.

And heres my teams roster that i want to join:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/TeamFra...

I notice most of them are kinda of small, so i was wondering if i have a chance of making the football team. Also if i can what position do you think i can play?

(btw, WR Marvin Jones in that roster is ganna play for California Bears in 08-09 College football season ^^)

Favorite Answer

if you are fast you've got te written all over you. instead of asking that question start scouting colleges that you would like to go to.

If you can sprint and have a great first step play fullback. You're obviously strong enough to block. Bench press 380 is impressive, my cousin bench 345 and plays Division 1 football as a Defensive Back.

I agree with Ms.A, guys are much larger and can use this to their advantage in very dangerous, yet legal, ways on the field. CO-Rec football is a completely different sport than contact varsity football, these guys go to try outs with the intentions of hurting anyone in their way of a starting spot, and when guys weighing 200+ lbs come charging they dont intend on taking it easy on you. My biggest problem with your situation however is that you are comparing co-rec football to full contact football, they are two completely different sports and require two completely different sets of skills. Above all else be careful

That's a silly question. How can you expect a bunch of people that don't know anything about you or the team, except people's stats, to answer that question? You might as well ask us what color your neighbors car will be when you are 65 years old.

Sounds like you could be a Tight End or WR....You have the strength, height and the speed...you cant go wrong with either..I'm sure you will make the team...good luck!

You are big enough to be a lineman and strong enough. Football is all about heart. If you want it bad enough,, you will do well. The biggest tip i can give you is to gain fast feet. If you move your feet faster, then you move faster. work on your squat and deadlift. Your punch is good.

Good Luck

Source(s): Varsity football 2000-2001

If you like to de-cleat someone go for Line backer. If not your most suited for a TE.

you should definitely go O-line. and its a pretty retarded question when you're that big to ask if you should be able to make your high school team. you're built for football.