Where can I download/buy George Benson & Friends (Kingdom Songs/Melodies)?

George Benson has been a Jehovah's Witness (on and off) and did an album called George Benson & Friends - Kingdom Songs. But it's no-where to be found. Does any witnesses have this CD?

Thanks for all your responses.

I really don't know what his spiritual state is just now, I'm just going by rumors really.

But I understand why the CD is so rare now; i.e. if the society hasn't approved of it. It's a shame though because it's really nice music that doesn't change the wording in the Kingdom Melodies.

I guess it could be of either some or all of these 3 reasons:

1) The society don't want to be linked with the "world" in any way (as Jesus' disciples are no part of the world) and having a kingdom melody "pop" song on an album would be considered mixing with the world?

2) They are a non profit organization and therefore it wouldn't be right for a spiritual song to be turned into an entertainment profiting scheme (which is what the CD would become)?

3) George Benson is now disfellowshiped? and therefore it would be inappropriate to "socialize" with him via listening to his music?

I believe it's most likely because of number 1) & 2), not sure about 3)

Is it possible to download the societies music like you can their literature?

Favorite Answer

It would seem that the question might refer to the "certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a popular style" that were mentioned on page 3 of Our Kingdom Ministry of March 2005. It seems obvious that Jehovah's Witnesses own the copyrights of their own "Kingdom songs".

[quote]

A number of publishers have telephoned the branch office regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a popular style that are presently being circulated among Jehovah’s Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have the organization’s approval. We are aware of these recordings and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet. We trust this information will clarify matters.

[end quote]

Learn more:

http://watchtower.org/e/20000601/article_01.htm

• kaycee

Kingdom Songs

Not quite sure about all of the songs but...... I typed in Celine Dion Kingdom Melodies and found the duet w/George Benson singing melody #54. Absolutley beautiful! I doubt you will be able to find the whole c.d. however cause to the best of my knowlege, it was un-authorized by the WTS

http://www.mediamax.com/oddjoce/Hosted/Kingdom_Mel...

This is the link to the song and you can download this one ;)

Edit... The link doesn't work any longer :( So very sorry

*ADD* I've tried looking for a download of the music on the official website, however I can't find any. I would say your best chance is to get one (or order one if there aren't any in stock) the next time you're at the Kingdom Hall. That's how my friend got hers.

I'm sure that the GB&F sounds great, however you might want to stick with what the Society has provided. They just released a new CD at the Follow the Christ District Convention. The music is beautifully done.

I would just be cautious since you said he's a Witness on and off.

• Linda

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw65d

The African acapella is from South Africa. I have to remember what language it is now...... I donno who George Benson is. EDIT: Nope, can't remember. I don't think it was Sesotho or Tswana, or I'd be able to understand the words. Maybe it was Xhosa. There's a sister on here from SA, maybe she knows :-) EDIT: A sister from Zambia says she thinks the language is Zulu, not Xhosa. Too bad I don't know any South Africans :-(

Hey Paul a sister in our congregation did have a song on cd Celine Dion one

I am not sure, Paul. But, I will find out for you. Here is a link I didn't have much time to look at it. But, maybe it will have something in there. If not, I will keep looking. A Brother here owns a music store maybe I can find out from him.