Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

How can you trust a b/f? (please help)?

my b/f and i have been together for about 6 1/2 mnoths. we've gone thourgh alot of drama since i found out that he cheated on me with another girl when we were about 3months into the relationship. the story was that he had known the girl he cheatd on me with for 2 yrs (way before me) and had a real serious thing with her but it was long distance (he had never mentioned it to me till i found out) but yeah, she came to the U.S for the first time and he dated her while he was with me. in the end though, i'm not exactly sure what happened, but he decided to stay with me. i found out about it all just last month, we talked things out and decided to stay together. the problem now is that i can't seem to trust him because i'm completely paranoid that he might be cheating on me with her again (like i said they had a very serious thing). it drives me crazy when the thoughts pile up in my head! so my question is, how do you trust your b/f when you're consumed in paranoia? what should i do??

Favorite Answer

I can honestly say that trust is a serious issue. If you can not trust someone then what's the point? However if you keep feeling paranoid you will never trust your b/f even if ya'll talked things over. The good thing is he chose you over her. Was the girl living in the US before & were they b/f&g/f? Or was it an internet "romance" where this was the first physical meeting? Long distance relationships are hard to handle. Maybe your b/f made the smart choice by keeping you. Someone he can see every day & be around. If you are going to give him the benefit of the doubt & take his word, then you have to try to trust him. The paranoia will only get worse if you let it. You have to decide what is best for you & the relationship. Or you can go by the saying "once a cheater, always a cheater" & follow your heart & mind & let him go. You sound sensible & I'm sure you will know what to do. Lots of Luck!

Wow! I haven't ever really had a serious relationship except for now, and we've only been together for a day. To me he sounds like a guy that you just cannot trust. No matter how much of a "dream guy" his is, I do not think you should be together with him. If thoughts keep piling up in your head and if you have suspicions he's cheating on you, I'd break up with him. It's never right to cheat on somebody. And if your stomach gets tangled up in knots, that's a sign. And if you just ignore the knots in your stomach (like about being together with him) that means your ignoring your gut feeling. Never ignore your gut feeling. That tells you that what your doing is not comfortable with you.

• Rick

It was not right for him to cheat on you, but you've talked it over with him and decided to stay together. Everyone deserves a second chance. Give him your trust until he violates it again. If he doesn't, you've got a keeper. If he does, dump him.

• ostby

If He Doesnt desire U to pass which ability he's Hidin something From U.....only try this to ensure only Sneak At absolutely one of His events Like undercover agent On Him once only to make constructive.......yet when U believe Him it extremely is Ur situation Ight.....Take Care!