Clint Eastwood - best actor?

Hi guys. In my opinion Clint Eastwood is the greatest actor I've seen. Although some people describe him as wooden, I fear that these people simply don't "get" Clint. Surely any actor who can grab an audiences attention without even speaking must be worth their weight in gold?

Update:

Yeah, I kind of guessed people would come away with De Niro and Pacino. Unfortunately, I don't "get" the attraction! lol They're competent, no doubt, but I feel De Niro plays De Niro in every film, and it gets wearing. He's kind of ugly and evil looking as well. Whereas Clint was really good-looking AND cool so a lot of guys aspire to be him.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

For those that think Eastwood is "wooden"... you have not seen all of his movies. You are talking about a guy that pumped gas when studios refused him a contract back in the day. Pumped gas for Jimmy Stewart and has persevered for over 60 years when most actors fade after 10... his work gets better every year rather than repetitive and predictable like most others. Very loyal and admired by people in the industry, probably more respected than anyone.

• 1 decade ago

While I don't think Clint is good looking, I agree that he is a wonderful actor. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was my favorite. Did you know that someone told him to not pursue acting as a career because they said he couldn't act? Good thing he didn't listen to them. I wonder what they say about him now/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You've obvioulsy never seen a Robert De Niro or Al Pacino film.

Now they ARE actors.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like Clint a lot, but I have to agree with thewozman - De Niro is the best I have ever seen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Clint Eastwood grow to be for further "actual international" than John Wayne. Clint Eastwood protrayed characters and reacted to circumstances that were a lot truer to the human problem than Wayne. John Wayne hardly ever portrayed characters with accessible human foibles. actual Grit grow to be the nearest Wayne got here to being extremely real looking, notwithstanding it grow to be carried out in a comical way. Wayne might want to in no way tutor a personality he felt grow to be demeaning to his ego and his image because the "all American hero" My prominent Eastwood western in " intense Plains Drifter".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is a brilliant actor for sure but not the best one. He always plays similiar roles. If he ever comes out with a female character, or a stupid guy, or a kid, or someone insane... then I might count him as one of the bests.

• Sherry
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

There are lots of actors out there. I guess it's only about what kind of movies you like, especially, that drive you into liking an actor over another. You may also like someone today and tomorrow another. How about Jim Carrey? He can do lots of expression comedy. How about Johnny Deep? He's an awesome actor who can play any role! So does Edward Norton. I've seen him in many movies and he plays awesomely. Angelina Jolie I like best, maybe because she's also SO HOT. :) It doesn't matter, really, who you like best. If you like an actor, then it's your decision and that's it. :)

• 1 decade ago

Robert DeNiro...

In sleepers there is a scene where even though he is not speaking the camera does not move from his face for over 40 seconds...dont think anyone else could pull that off

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pacino, and DeNiro tie first then Nicholas Cage.

• 1 decade ago

He has a screen presence like no other, to be sure!

And he gets the silent acting thing from his dad - he's Stan Laurel's son , you know!

(Actually, that's an urban myth, but an interesting one, don't y'think?)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.